Arriving FLL need transportation to Miami Hotel

klaner64

We will be flying into FLL Airport the day before the cruise (in March 2015) and would like some advice on transportation to a hotel in Miami. We are looking at booking a hotel in Miami that offers a free shuttle to the POM and free breakfast, so all we need is transportation to that hotel.

I checked SAS website and it says on there that they no longer service Miami hotels. Does anyone know if this is true?

They no longer service the MIA airport and surrounding hotels - they still sevice downtown Miami hotels close to POM. Only a few of the budget hotels near MIA offer free POM shuttles (not where I would schoose to spend the day before my cruise) - you are better off staying downtown and paying for a $12+ cab to get to the port.

An even better idea is to stay in the FLL area and just shuttle to POM the next morning. www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and lodging info on the FLL area.

We used Larrys Limo in April when my wife and I were on the Celebrity Reflection and am using them again this Fri for a group of 6 of us sailing on the MSC Divina and they were great. Greeted us in Baggage claim and driver was very nice. In April they took us from FLL to the JW Marriott Miami and this time we are going from FLL to the Intercontinental Miami both Downtown.

We used Larrys Limo in April when my wife and I were on the Celebrity Reflection and am using them again this Fri for a group of 6 of us sailing on the MSC Divina and they were great. Greeted us in Baggage claim and driver was very nice. In April they took us from FLL to the JW Marriott Miami and this time we are going from FLL to the Intercontinental Miami both Downtown.

We have a group of 5 with a downtown Miami hotel booked in January. What was the approximate cost for Larry's. We would rather do something like this than a shuttle.

Edited by emschief

We used QLS to go from FLL to our Miami hotel and then from POM to FLL on our return. They were outstanding to work with and the price was right. It was about $100 total for a private shuttle for our arrival (six people) and a little less than that for a shared return shuttle.

We will be looking to use them again for next year's cruise, but since we have fewer people on this trip, I will be pricing other companies as well.

If you are arriving in Daylight the cheapest option is use the TRIrail. You get FREE shuttle bus from the airport to the train station and visa versa.

Earlier this year it cost $3.75/pp each way.

Sometimes you can even beat the taxi when road traffic is high.

Check out http://www.tri-rail.com for schedules and free bus routes.