Forgive me

smeck

Please forgive those loyal to Royal which I count myself. I just booked a European cruise on Princess. The ports were to good to pass on. If Royal only offered the same itinerary.

You will enjoy Princess. I sail both lines. by the way, if your were ever in the military you get OBC.

There are those that book based on ship (cruise line), then itinerary. And there are also folks that book the same cruise over and over again.

But a lot of folks book by itinerary, then by cruise line, so you are in good company.

For us, we'll probably never cruise on the same ship, no matter how great the itinerary (too many ships to experience).

But we've cruised RCI, Princess, Celebrity, HAL and even Carnival.

Enjoy!

Go and enjoy yourself. We love Royal Caribbean but we also love Princess. We have a Princess cruise in December, and a Royal Caribbean cruise booked for next September.

We pick our cruises based on the itinerary. In the near future, we plan on trying HAL.

Have a great time. Take lots of pictures. Please come back and post a review when you return.

Happy sailing. It's a great way to see the world!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Possibly the major reason for sailing one and only one cruise line exclusively would be to attain the highest, most exalted levels of the cruise line's loyalty program which brings with it some valued perks.

If attaining the highest loyalty status is not important, there is no compelling reason to be true and loyal to only one cruise line when others have attractive features too.

Please forgive those loyal to Royal which I count myself. I just booked a European cruise on Princess. The ports were to good to pass on. If Royal only offered the same itinerary.

I agree that the Princess itineraries are far superior to Royal's offerings.

Have a great cruise.

Forgiven!

The one thing I've learned from some of the best cruisers on CC is that I should not limit myself to any particular cruise line. They all have strong points; they all have weak points, too.

Royal will always be my home cruise line. But, once I get over the novelty of the huge mega ships, I am going to start looking for semi-unique destinations. I mean, why limit myself?

I think we all need to try different cruiselines and do something different, please come back and tell us how the ship and itinerary was :)

Sweetie, enjoy your cruise! We have cruised with Princess twice and there were many things we loved about it. Go and see for yourself. Have a great time!

What is your itinerary?

Barcelona, Corsica, Rome, Florence, Genoa, Marseille, Gibraltor, roundtrip from Southhampton, 14 day adventure. Only thing missing is Venice you can't have anything.

You will love Princess....

There cafe (buy a coffee card.. it will be 15 latte's and etc but unlimited coffee throughout the cruise) you can get your snacks there all day. The best chicken salad ever... omg the cookies fresh out of the oven. yum yum.

Enjoy it is your money your cruise.

Cathy

I did the same thing, but jumped over to ncl. Amazing itinerary out of Venice and the price was lower than royal's 7 day out of Venice. The ncl visits many ports I've always wanted to go to. It's a 12 day and visits: Istanbul Ephesus, Athens, Mykonos, Naples, Rome, Florence, Toulon, and ends in Barcelona. Plus an overnight in Venice at the start.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are also loyal to RCCL but decided on the Princess British Isles cruise on the Ruby Princess this past August because of the itinerary. With that said, we would never go back on a Princess cruise again. We had a veranda cabin. The cabin itself was really small and it didn't have any kind of sofa in it, just one chair. The bathroom was really tiny. The shower was very small and only had a shower curtain. The buffet was about 1/4 the size of any RCCL ship and the choices were very few. The food in the buffet was just fair. Try it, you may have a different experience. I do agree though, Princess does have better itineraries but I feel the ship counts too.