Sapphire AE mini listed as N/A???

devinc

They are listed as such because there is not an "early booking discount" for them. There are many threads that state these are the best minis to have. We are booked for E731 Sapphire Princess next summer to Alaska! They are a bit more expensive than the other minis but the balcony is supposed to be quite spacious!

It was the least expensive of the minis when I booked online. As I price out now I have found that it is the most expensive of the minis. Maybe they are reading the boards...

The difference is the early booking discount. The Rack Rate of the AEs is the lowest of the mini-suites, but since an early booking discount is not offered, they end up being substanially more than any other mini.

Online agencies and discounters will initially offer a lower price on these cabins, as when Devinc booked. As the ship starts to fill, they will revert to the rack rate on the lower category cabins within each type, precisely because they WERE the lowest price and everyone wanted that price for the type, but they are running out of cabins they can offer. That is when you start to see only GTY bookings left. Since the AE's are great cabins, and are snapped up quickly, they are usually some of the first to revert to the higher pricing. Same thing happens in the M/N, BE/BF, and I/II categories.

Devinc,

That is a specific cabin, E-731. I know better than to do a guarantee

with AE category. Yes, we got that price a couple weeks ago. I was surprised that I was able to get that cabin as well.

I always do a "guarantee" because I really don't care where I end up location wise. However, because we were booking a mini-suite, and because we

like the back of the ship, this suits us just fine.

Archived