Bringing food into paradise beach or mr. Sanchos?

jyt822

DH got very sick last year eating some food off the ship in Cozumel (screaming I pain for 12 hours) so needless to say, he feels very anxious about rating in Cozumel again this year. Can anyone tell me whether DH is allowed to bring water/granola bars etc into any of the beach clubs? We are a party of 4 and 3 of us still want to eat food from the menu at one of the beach clubs.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH got very sick last year eating some food off the ship in Cozumel (screaming I pain for 12 hours) so needless to say, he feels very anxious about rating in Cozumel again this year. Can anyone tell me whether DH is allowed to bring water/granola bars etc into any of the beach clubs? We are a party of 4 and 3 of us still want to eat food from the menu at one of the beach clubs.

No problem for him to take his granola bars to beach clubs. :)

Curious as to what he might have eaten and where? Popular tourist restaurants are generally okay. Street food (while often tasting delicious) can be problematic. And then sometimes it's the least suspected item that bites you back. Perhaps he can avoid what ever type of food he ate last time at PB. But I suggest bringing your granola bars and maybe packaged cheese or peanut butter snack crackers or packaged cookies from home. You won't be allowed to take fruit or non-commercially wrapped food off the ship. Ship's bottled water or your own bottled water will be best. And he can easily spend his $10 share on a couple of brews or margaritas.

I could not picture not wanting to eat at Mr Sanchos ...the coconut shrimp is like the best we have ever ate, and we have lived in Fla since 1983,

Here is coconut shrimp, beef fajitas, and some butter/garlic shrimp,

we also ate from buffet, and others with us even had a whole fried fish, and tacos, we all ate nachos, red beans and rice ... true taste of mexico .. also if you ask, they have a homemade hot sauce. not green or red, its brown in color, the real mcoy ...:)

115.jpg.baec05615509f8c7c6cc1a2f16ed0bde.jpg

That looks delicious! DH got sick from eating some fruit on an excursion. 2 out of 4 in our party ended up sick. It made for a

terrible end to an otherwise wonderful cruise.

That'll do it! Unwashed or poorly washed or washed in non-filtered water unpeeled fruit can attack anyone whose system isn't used to eating that. And sometimes you never know how the cut fruit was prepared. Always best to stay away from anything uncooked if your not sure of the source.

That'll do it! Unwashed or poorly washed or washed in non-filtered water unpeeled fruit can attack anyone whose system isn't used to eating that. And sometimes you never know how the cut fruit was prepared. Always best to stay away from anything uncooked if your not sure of the source.

Exactly... its the water in Cozumel that is problematic. Even the locals drink bottled water. Food that is washed in non-filtered water can make anyone sick. Nowadays the locals are aware and buy bottled water to use in food preperation... however, be cautious.... there may be raw fruit or veggies that can be contaminated. My rule is eating raw fruit that can be peeled.

The worst that would happen is they would require your DH pay the $10 minimum required purchase and he wouldn't have to eat anything he didn't want. They would be fine if he just paid for it or if someone else ate it.