Priority Boarding Question

JBoshears

I will get priority boarding this time around on the Allure, but my parents are joining us, and they do not get it (first time cruisers). Will they get to go with us, or go to general boarding?

I would really like to board at the same time. Will this be possible?

I will get priority boarding this time around on the Allure, but my parents are joining us, and they do not get it (first time cruisers). Will they get to go with us, or go to general boarding?

If for some reason the port personnel won't let your parents join you in priority boarding, then just board with them. The difference in boarding time will be minimal. Same with check-in.

It should be pointed out that priority boarding is only useful if you have to wait for the ship to open for boarding. If you arrive at the pier after boarding has commenced, priority is no longer relevant, as you just board the ship.

I have always been there before boarding started but I thought there was also a priority check in line where you could go ahead of the masses if you were platinum or above. Is that not correct?

Yes, and they will usually let your party stay together in priority check-in too.

Do you get priority boarding and check in with a Junior Suite? I'm also only Gold status so I'm assuming no priority for that.

I've never really had much of a wait to check in (usually arrive to the pier around 10:30) but I'm just curious if there are any perks for having our first Junior Suite!

Do you get priority boarding and check in with a Junior Suite? I'm also only Gold status so I'm assuming no priority for that.

I've never really had much of a wait to check in (usually arrive to the pier around 10:30) but I'm just curious if there are any perks for having our first Junior Suite!

Yes, a JS gets priority check-in and boarding.

Just take them along with you and go up together. The people at the desk are quite understanding.

Our last cruise ( out of PC) had more folks in the priority check in line than the regular line. We are eligible for the priority check in and boatding, lbut went through the rehular line. We were checked in quicker than the folks who entered the priority line when we entered the regular line . PC has a separate sitting area for priority boarding and we did sit in that area. They seemed to be checking sea passes for everyone who went to the priority boarding area.

If your family cannot board with you, you can wait a few minutes and board with them.

Enjoy

M