3-4 day cruises from LA & Dolphin inside cabin

Alberta54

I've booked 4 back to back cruises on the Golden Princess from LA to Ensenada and one 4 day cruise to Catalina Island from LA in November. I've never been on a cruise less than 7 days. I have a few questions about the shorter cruises. 1) I understand there is no formal night but wondered if items such as prime rib, lobster, shrimp, etc are still offered in the diningrooms. Does anyone have any menu's from these short cruises? 2) is the platinium/elite lounge open in Skywalkers 3) what sort of entertainment is offered. Any Patters would be appreciated 4) if you buy a coffee card can it only be used for the 3 or 4 nights for brewed coffee. I know the speciality coffee punches can be used on any cruise but I'm wondering if the brewed coffee is also transferable from cruise to cruise since they are back to back? 5) I have a Dolphin aft inside cabin. Haven't ever stayed in an inside cabin. Is it quiet in that location. Does it feel cramped compared to the oceanview cabins? Thanks!;)

Can reply to a few of your questions. There definitely will not be a formal night. Prime rib will typically be served on the first night of the cruise. Yu may see the menus repeated for each 3/4 day segment. Skywalkers definitely will be use for the Platinum/Elite lounge each evening. Entertainment will typically be the same as what you see on the longer cruises although will most likely repeat for each of the 2 cruise you book back to back.

An inside cad in on Dolphin should be fine as far as noise should be concerned. As i don't know where you are specifically, it is hard to say if there are things around you that might be noisy.

As for feeling cramped, an outside view is exactly the same size as the inside rooms. They also have mirrors that make the inside rooms fell larger.

They inside rooms have plenty of storage and we find them very comfortable.

We have cruised many days in an inside room with no problems. Just remember to get outside the room and you will have plenty of space.

I've booked 4 back to back cruises on the Golden Princess from LA to Ensenada and one 4 day cruise to Catalina Island from LA in November. I've never been on a cruise less than 7 days. I have a few questions about the shorter cruises. 1) I understand there is no formal night but wondered if items such as prime rib, lobster, shrimp, etc are still offered in the diningrooms. Does anyone have any menu's from these short cruises? 2) is the platinium/elite lounge open in Skywalkers 3) what sort of entertainment is offered. Any Patters would be appreciated 4) if you buy a coffee card can it only be used for the 3 or 4 nights for brewed coffee. I know the speciality coffee punches can be used on any cruise but I'm wondering if the brewed coffee is also transferable from cruise to cruise since they are back to back? 5) I have a Dolphin aft inside cabin. Haven't ever stayed in an inside cabin. Is it quiet in that location. Does it feel cramped compared to the oceanview cabins? Thanks!;)

You'll be going to Ensenada on both cruises, but you won't be forced off the ship in that port on either day.

We stayed in an aft-ish inside on our last cruise, but that was on the Aloha Deck, A-731, I think. That was our second straight cruise on the Golden. We're used to insides so the cabin size isn't a biggie for us (the previous cruise we had an obstructed OV on Caribe midships, but those cabins were already sold out by the time we had decided to repeat that cruise).

Don't know about specialty coffees (I don't drink coffee at all) and I can't help you with Patters for that short of a cruise (our last three were the two-week cruises).

We did not have lobster on our 4-day cruises last December on the Ruby (in the Caribbean). Since there wasn't a Captain's Circle party, they gave each returning passenger a voucher good for one free drink. Most of the dinner menus repeated on the second cruise, but we did have one different one since we had had a special one for Christmas. In addition the menus for the Platinum/Elite/Suite cocktail events were totally different the second 4-day cruise, and the daily breakfast specials in the dining room were also different on our second cruise.

Edited by geoherb

Thank you everyone who took the time to address some of my questions. Still wondering if anyone might have some patters for the 3/4 day cruises from LA and also any menu's. Again- thanks!

Actually, the patters for these cruises look pretty much the same as any other patters. The cover embarkation, and the days of the cruise with the activities and shows as you would normally find.

Menus are not really any different. The ship is sailing from point A to point B as it would on any other cruise. The dining rooms operate as always. Same menus-only obviously a lot fewer means than on a long cruise.

Go, relax, enjoy....

Really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply. It's very helpful. I was just curious as to what to expect as such short cruises are new to me. I was curious if the menu and entertainment would just repeat, repeat, repeat. However, sounds like there is some variety on both fronts.

Hopefully the Golden has improved it's food quality since I was on it 1 1/2 years ago. Was very bland and for the life of me I could not get a piece of medium well cooked beef! Thanks again. :eek:

Hopefully the Golden has improved it's food quality since I was on it 1 1/2 years ago. Was very bland and for the life of me I could not get a piece of medium well cooked beef!
Was the beef overdone or underdone? I can never get a rare piece. They usually serve me beef that's medium well. DH orders his medium and also gets medium well. I've given up and usually order the fish or another entrée.

I ordered different beef dishes at 2 different times. The first time I asked for it pink but no red and left it to the waiter to determine what to tell the kitchen. After getting 2 cuts of beef- one tough as leather & the other with blood running out of it the head waiter got involved saying he'd get the right piece for me. It was well done! The 2nd time I asked for medium. No luck-well done. I eventually gave up & didn't order beef again.