taking soft drink on board

wombat50

I always take a carton of coke cans on board each cruise.

when I booked the next cruise for March the TA told me that Princess was going to limit the amount you could take on with you to 12 cans. has anyone heard about this.

i havent heard anything about princess stopping bringing drinks onboard but maybe the TA is getting confused with the ruling from p&o....this was posted about p&o

P&O Cruises have introduced restrictions for non-alcoholic beverages being brought onboard to ensure the safety and security of all guests in line with Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines. The following restrictions apply to cruises departing on or after 1 November 2014:

* Plastic or glass bottled soft drinks (including water) and slab packs of canned soft drinks are not permitted to be brought onboard.

* Each guest may bring onboard a maximum of 12 cans of soft drink loosely packed.

In addition to the above, alcohol is not permitted to be brought onboard. Any alcohol purchased on shore will be collected at embarkation and will be returned at the end of the cruise. All luggage, including hand and check-in, will be x-rayed at embarkation.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, however the safety and security of all of our guests and crew is paramount. We appreciate your cooperation to ensure restricted items are not packed

Interesting!

They state " to ensure the safety and security of all guests in line with Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines. " yet ban water and soft drinks :confused:

:eek: I shall have to read the labels of all water and soft drink bottles to ensure someone isn't sneaking alcohol into the mix :D

C'mon P&O, we're really not that stupid. We know you just want to gouge more money out of us :rolleyes:

Interesting!

They state " to ensure the safety and security of all guests in line with Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines. " yet ban water and soft drinks :confused:

:eek: I shall have to read the labels of all water and soft drink bottles to ensure someone isn't sneaking alcohol into the mix :D

C'mon P&O, we're really not that stupid. We know you just want to gouge more money out of us :rolleyes:

You can blame the people who smuggle alcohol on board in water bottles and the people who take slabs of soft drink / water on with them.

What I have been saying to people is just take a empty water/drink bottle and you can fill it up once your on the ship :)

I always take a carton of coke cans on board each cruise.

when I booked the next cruise for March the TA told me that Princess was going to limit the amount you could take on with you to 12 cans. has anyone heard about this.

12 cans per guest I suppose. Next port of call - buy more coke. Easy. Not having a "pop" here - but a fortune for a cruise - and $30.00 for a carton of coke (roughly). You can buy coke anywhere - so top up at port stops. After all if you get 24 cans on - you're only 6 cans short of a carton.

Mmmmmmmm - hope this doesn't get misinterpreted :eek::D

Edited by dizzy1948

You can blame the people who smuggle alcohol on board in water bottles

I had actually figured that was the reason behind the ruling but the way it is worded just sounds ridiculous. "restrictions for non-alcoholic beverages" alongside "Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines" makes my brain go "what on earth?"! :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I had actually figured that was the reason behind the ruling but the way it is worded just sounds ridiculous. "restrictions for non-alcoholic beverages" alongside "Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines" makes my brain go "what on earth?"! :D

In a p.c. society, people love to get offended and say "that's not us" if they make statements about people sneaking things through.

In a p.c. society, people love to get offended and say "that's not us" if they make statements about people sneaking things through.

I reckon we should all go to Sxxx Savers................I want a pair of those glasses that can read the small print - you know - the bit that says "except me":D (I'm full of mischief tonight ;))

Edited by dizzy1948