Questions about Money Bar and Paradise Beach

GradUT

We will be in Cozumel right after Christmas and are thinking about doing a trip similar to one we did in 2004. On that cruise, we hired a taxi to take us to Dzul Ha where we snorkeled and then we took a taxi to Paradise Beach for lunch and beach time.

I have a few questions which I hope someone can answer:

1) In 2004, there was a place across the street with private homes where we could rent snorkel gear, store our belongings in lockers, and eat freshly prepared salsa and chips, perhaps next to a pool. Does anyone recall this place? (I actually found out about this place reading Cruise Critic in 2004!)

2) Assuming this place no longer exists, we plan to go to the Money Bar. Is snorkel gear available to rent at the Money Bar? If so, what does it cost to rent a snorkel, mask and fins?

3) Are there lockers for our belongings at the Money Bar? If so, what is the charge?

4) Is it easy to get a taxi from the Money Bar to Paradise Beach? (In 2004, we waited a long time for a taxi to come along the road.) How much should we expect to pay to go to Paradise Beach? (My husband is fluent in Spanish, so he can work this out with the driver, but we'd like to know what the going rate is ahead of time.)

5) In 2004, there were lots of chairs under umbrellas on the beach at PB. Can we still expect to find this?

6) How much time will it take us to get from PB back to the port? We'll be on the Princess Emerald.

Thank you all so much for any info you can give me.

We will be in Cozumel right after Christmas and are thinking about doing a trip similar to one we did in 2004. On that cruise, we hired a taxi to take us to Dzul Ha where we snorkeled and then we took a taxi to Paradise Beach for lunch and beach time.

I have a few questions which I hope someone can answer:

1) In 2004, there was a place across the street with private homes where we could rent snorkel gear, store our belongings in lockers, and eat freshly prepared salsa and chips, perhaps next to a pool. Does anyone recall this place? (I actually found out about this place reading Cruise Critic in 2004!)

2) Assuming this place no longer exists, we plan to go to the Money Bar. Is snorkel gear available to rent at the Money Bar? If so, what does it cost to rent a snorkel, mask and fins? Yes they rent gear - theck their web site for prices and packages.

3) Are there lockers for our belongings at the Money Bar? If so, what is the charge? Yes they have lockers - I do not recall the rental fee, but it was small.

4) Is it easy to get a taxi from the Money Bar to Paradise Beach? (In 2004, we waited a long time for a taxi to come along the road.) How much should we expect to pay to go to Paradise Beach? (My husband is fluent in Spanish, so he can work this out with the driver, but we'd like to know what the going rate is ahead of time.) Cabs are easy in Coz - if one is not waiting they will call for one. From MB to PB I seem to recall being about $12.

5) In 2004, there were lots of chairs under umbrellas on the beach at PB. Can we still expect to find this? Lots of chairs

6) How much time will it take us to get from PB back to the port? We'll be on the Princess Emerald. Cab ride will be about 15 minutes - do not be a pier runner!

Thank you all so much for any info you can give me.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! :)

Thank you for your response, John. This is just what I wanted to know.

I asked about the snorkel and locker fees because I had not seen that information when I looked at the Money Bar website before posting this question. After I read your response, I went back to the Money Bar website to see if I had somehow missed that information and, sure enough, it was hidden under one of the coins on the right which had the word "click" around it. I did not see the word "click" until I got close up to the screen--I had just thought those were decorative coins on the website. I definitely need to get my glasses replaced!

Thanks again!

Thank you for your response, John. This is just what I wanted to know.

I asked about the snorkel and locker fees because I had not seen that information when I looked at the Money Bar website before posting this question. After I read your response, I went back to the Money Bar website to see if I had somehow missed that information and, sure enough, it was hidden under one of the coins on the right which had the word "click" around it. I did not see the word "click" until I got close up to the screen--I had just thought those were decorative coins on the website. I definitely need to get my glasses replaced!

Thanks again!

It took me a couple visits to the website to figure that out too. But I really appreciate that they do set out all the prices on the website. Come back and let me know how easy it was to get a cab, since we may be doing the same thing a month later. :)

It took me a couple visits to the website to figure that out too. But I really appreciate that they do set out all the prices on the website. Come back and let me know how easy it was to get a cab, since we may be doing the same thing a month later. :)

Very easy to get a cab last time we visited - they were waiting outside. I think some may be parked at the condominium complex across the road. If not I am sure the bar could phone for one, you are only minutes from the port and numerous other beach clubs, Chankanaab, Fiesta American along that stretch.