Blackjack Payout

Coopdog08

6:5 on lower limits. Terrible, terrible game, especially with an autoshuffler.

3:2 on $25 tables.

How bad is it? Let's just say playing BJ at $10.00 per hand on a 6:5 payout, you are bucking a lot worse odds than playing $25 per hand at 3:2.

With good rules and 3:2, playing good basic strategy, you are about half a percent dog. With 6:5... About a 1.8% dog.

In other words, make 100 $10 wagers on 6:5 for $1000 in action; theo loss about $18.00.

Make 100 $25 wagers at 3:2 for $2500 in action, theo loss about $12.50.

Last week on the Sensation it was 6/5 on the $6 dollar tables and 3/2 on the $10 and $25 tables. Usually only 1 $10 table was open, $25 only open a few hours a night at best.

I just got off The Liberty. It was 3/2 on the $10.00 and $25.00 table. They opened the $25.00 any time I wanted it.

One time they said they didn't have anyone to supervise the $25.00 so they changed the $10.00 table to $25.00 for me. I mean they really accommodated me well.

I was amazed that the $10.00 table always had empty seats. Three times during a 5 night cruise they had to restock the chip tray. It is always sweet to see more chips in front of the players than the dealer.

I got the feeling that only the 6 dollar tables are going to stay 6/5 and the others will stay 3/2. Of course anything can change.

What was the pay out difference? (On the royal) and was it the same for both quarters and dollars?

I think it might have been 1500 instead of 4000 for 5 quarters. Or maybe I was cross-eyed by that point. Dunno.

One woman hit 3 Royals on the cruise, so maybe they come up more often. At least for her they did!

6/5 on all $6 tables on the Legend last month. No one was playing but Fun 21 tables full. But with the queens out of the deck on Fun 21 odds are prob worse than the regular tables. Might cause me to stop playing on Carnival. Dennis

Same on the Conquest last week - Fun 21 has much better odds than 6/5 blackjack -- there are a few adjustments to make (taking surrender on 16 vs. 9, 10 or A, and 15 vs. 10), but the better rules make up for the lack of Queens - I would guess between .7% house advantage playing optimally and 1% making a few small mistakes. 6/5 blackjack is one of the worst games you could possibly play- giving up at least 2-2.5% to the house.

It's good to know that they keep the $10 table at 3/2. it's only $4 more and I tend to see more better play at the higher limit table.

The other thing is I rarely, if ever, get up enough to walk away from a 6 dollar table.

When playing a $10 table if I win I take my winnings. If I win again (two in a row) I let it ride. If I win again (3 wins in a row) I press it only $5 more, now I am up to a $25 hand and that is where it starts getting exciting :>)

I know enough about the game to know no betting system really works but this system is conservative enough that you don't really get hurt to badly but you have the chance of really getting up to some large hands.

Two days ago on the Liberty I played five hands in a row at $105 a hand after starting out at $10.

You can almost always find a seat on the $10 table and if you do the math will lose less money than on a $6 6/5 game.

Plus if you are getting rated you are getting rated at a higher level.

Anyone going on a cruise for Video Poker will be sorely disappointed. The best paytables I've seen were 8/5 Jacks or Better at $5 denomination and higher on NCL Epic. For quarters and dollar players, expect 6/5 Jacks; 6/5 Bonus Poker (paying 1:1 for two pair); 7/5 DDB.

In other words, expect about 95% return. You're better of playing the coin-dropper game on a rough sea day.

I think it might have been 1500 instead of 4000 for 5 quarters. Or maybe I was cross-eyed by that point. Dunno.

One woman hit 3 Royals on the cruise, so maybe they come up more often. At least for her they did!

It is probably 1250 on a five coin bet. 5 coin is usually the max bet and thus a premium pay out for the R/F. However, my experience has been that 10 is the "max" bet on Carnival VP. The max bet 10 pay out has always been 8000. They make you play twice as much to get the increased payout.