emerald gift basket

lauren0309

My bf is diamond, I'm emerald. We got only one gift box, the cookies are good. Is nothing major tho. I actually don't eat them any more, August 10th on the Allure we still got the box. Let's see October 12th on the brilliance what we get. :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

There were so many negative comments about all the wasted packaging and the contents of the basket. It seems that RCCL listened, and has gotten rid of the packaging and his changed the contents to just one or two items.

I think the basket change falls into the category of "be careful what you ask for". Anyone remember hats, picture frames, toiletry bags, tote bags?

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Cookies (shortbread, 12 pieces in that bag) for us on the last two cruises in August and September (first Emerald, second Diamond) plus the two bottles of water. No almonds.

BTW our DD is a little pissed off... on the Majesty she didn´t even get the information sheet for the completely worthless kids´ coupon nor did she receive the kids´ present. On the Oasis she was angry as she didn´t even get a soda during the cocktail hour. Current kids´ coupons:

25% off any coffee beverage purchase (hmm, imagine a toddler buying a double espresso at Starbucks)

10% off nay Y-Spa treatment

10% off any internet package

10$ bonus credit when you purchase 15$ in arcade credits

25$ bonus credit when you purchase 50$ in arcade credits

BOGO movie rental in your stateroom

3$ off any Pets @ Sea package (hmm, that´s gone from all RCI ships, maybe they should update this...)

steamboats

On a cruise, on vacation, and "angry" over lack of a soda? Seriously?? That's pretty sad.

She´s usually not allowed to drink soda ;)! And she was thinking that when her parents are getting 3 booze vouchers each night it would be appropriate that kids do get something similar. She´s Diamond on her own. And as all the vouchers for the kids are completely worthless that´ll be a nice treat (in her eyes).

steamboats

Cookies (shortbread, 12 pieces in that bag) for us on the last two cruises in August and September (first Emerald, second Diamond) plus the two bottles of water. No almonds.

BTW our DD is a little pissed off... on the Majesty she didn´t even get the information sheet for the completely worthless kids´ coupon nor did she receive the kids´ present. On the Oasis she was angry as she didn´t even get a soda during the cocktail hour. Current kids´ coupons:

25% off any coffee beverage purchase (hmm, imagine a toddler buying a double espresso at Starbucks)

10% off nay Y-Spa treatment

10% off any internet package

10$ bonus credit when you purchase 15$ in arcade credits

25$ bonus credit when you purchase 50$ in arcade credits

BOGO movie rental in your stateroom

3$ off any Pets @ Sea package (hmm, that´s gone from all RCI ships, maybe they should update this...)

steamboats

Mine also thought the coupons were worthless and would have appreciated being bale to have drink vouchers for a soda during cocktail hour.

I'm sorry she got left out of the gift on Majesty--that was what happened to my two on the last four cruises before Oasis (we were told by the C&A person on one that teens no longer get a gift, but then I saw on CC that others are). They finally got bags on the Oasis, two nights before the cruise was over. I'm not sure if that is when they all went out, or because we asked once day 7 arrived and there was still nothing.

On a cruise, on vacation, and "angry" over lack of a soda? Seriously?? That's pretty sad.

"Pissed off" may not be the best term, but it does irk my teens a bit and I don't blame them. They are diamonds in their own right, and have never sailed as third or fourth passengers on RCI--so full fare paying to earn all those points.

Quite honestly, our teens have a lot of say in where we vacation, we like to take trips everyone is enjoying and having fun on. RCI fits the bill, and it is as common as not that one of our teens finds the cruise, puts it on courtesy hold, and does most of the legwork of the booking.

It seems like it would make good business sense to acknowledge them with something as simple as a soda during cocktail hour instead of treating them like they don't matter, when RCI has made a business out of appealing to FAMILIES and also when those teens are darned close to being of age to be booking and paying for their own future vacations.