Booking B2B Cruise

CruzenAlong

I'm considering booking a B2B cruise on Oceania in South American in 2015. I've read that booking B2B cruises were often greatly discounted. The cruise company I contacted pretty much offered the standard rate + prepaid gratuities and approx $100/day OBC. I was actually quite surprised as I have booked several cruises through this cruise company before. We were considering the Oceania Suite.

Am I totally out of touch expecting a much better base rated on B2B cruises???

Any advice on getting better rates without going down a cabin category?

First, what is "greatly discounted"? $100/day OBC for a 7 day cruise ($700) is a pretty healthy OBC!

It all depends on the cruise line, and the given cruise- there is no formula for every cruise. We have seen as little as a couple percent off for booking a B2B, to as much as 23% off. These were on Holland America.

You might wish to do some research on the Oceania board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

to find others with experience on Oceania.

Edited by CruiserBruce

First, what is "greatly discounted"? $100/day OBC for a 7 day cruise ($700) is a pretty healthy OBC!

It all depends on the cruise line, and the given cruise- there is no formula for every cruise. We have seen as little as a couple percent off for booking a B2B, to as much as 23% off. These were on Holland America.

You might wish to do some research on the Oceania board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

to find others with experience on Oceania.

Thanks for your input. My husband and I have been discussing it & he's not really all that interested in the first half of the B2B cruise... so he said we could fly to Rio, spend a few days, then fly to Buenos Aires to pick up the ship. He said there is NO WAY that a hotel and a short in between flight would cost the ~$20k the cruise would cost. I'm fine with that!!! YaY!!!!

Still trying to get a drink package thrown in on the cruise though. I just never give up!!!

We have been on B2B's with Oceania. There is one way that it is cheaper. Since Oceania prices include the air fare, when doing B2B you will get a credit for the air fare not used as there will only be 2 flights involved. When you add the cost of the 2 cruises and then subtract the air credit, it will be cheaper.

You have been given $100.00 per day OBC. Is that per person or for 2 people. That is a very large OBC.

Please let us know if they throw a drink package in. Then let us know how you accomplished it please.

Enjoy your cruise.

o

We have been on B2B's with Oceania. There is one way that it is cheaper. Since Oceania prices include the air fare, when doing B2B you will get a credit for the air fare not used as there will only be 2 flights involved. When you add the cost of the 2 cruises and then subtract the air credit, it will be cheaper.

You have been given $100.00 per day OBC. Is that per person or for 2 people. That is a very large OBC.

Please let us know if they throw a drink package in. Then let us know how you accomplished it please.

Enjoy your cruise.

o

We were quoted the price without air fair as we have FF miles to use for that. As far as the OBC I was quoted $1200 for the 10 day cruise and $1300 for the 16 day cruise. So it was almost $100/day. I'm still in negotiations. Since we are only going to take the 16 day cruise. I'm trying to get them to bump the OBC to $1600 and also trying to get them to throw in a drink pkg. OBC was per cabin, not person

I'll post the outcome... I don't know if they work over the weekend and I would like to get this settled before we leave for our next cruise on Wednesday!

I'm considering booking a B2B cruise on Oceania in South American in 2015. I've read that booking B2B cruises were often greatly discounted. The cruise company I contacted pretty much offered the standard rate + prepaid gratuities and approx $100/day OBC. I was actually quite surprised as I have booked several cruises through this cruise company before. We were considering the Oceania Suite.

Am I totally out of touch expecting a much better base rated on B2B cruises???

Any advice on getting better rates without going down a cabin category?

Each booking will very.

Our first cruise(s) was back in the 80's and we booked back-to-back cruises. Not much of a discount.

Since then we have booked dozens of back-to-back cruises (love them) and we are lucky if we get a 2% discount.

We have booked them on Cunard, Princess, HAL and NCL. Each cruise line differs in price discounts.

Our first cruise(s) was back in the 80's and we booked back-to-back cruises. Not much of a discount.

Since then we have booked dozens of back-to-back cruises (love them) and we are lucky if we get a 2% discount.

We have booked them on Cunard, Princess, HAL and NCL. Each cruise line differs in price discounts.

Good to know. Guess what I read was just wrong!!!!