Celebrity Fun factory - any pictures

xcell

Did a search for fun factory and very little info / pics of the area.

What is it like?

Thinking of doing an xmas cruise on celebrity reflection but would like to know other than the pools, what else is there for the kids to do (I know there's no rock climbing, ice skating, slides, etc...)

thanks...

Looks like not many families with kids go on enough to post reviews or pics. I guess we will have to do it...lol.

But lately I've been second guessing if this cruise line is for families. Seems like (reading posts but can't judge based on a few bad apples right) this is not a family friendly cruise environment.

I think you can't take pics when kids are in their but a tour first day you could... I'm just trying to get an idea of what is available for them. Anyone with a cruise compass for kids and daily activities like on rccl???

Thanks for the website...ill check it out.

On one of our cruises The kids (had none at the time) spent the cruise making a show, and on the last day, they had a show in the main theater. It looked like they had a great time. We just peeked in. I think it was about 20-30 kids in total onboard. September 2012, silhouette in the adriatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i read about that - but it's for the teens. they went around filming with go pro camera and then learned to edit and made a movie. that would seem fun.

but its for my dd 8 (I think my dd 11 - unless finds a friend - may not be interested in it).

Please ignore the few rotten apples. We are Elite with Celebrity (most were pre kids cruises as well as additional cruises on other lines). This will be our children's 3rd cruise with Celebrity. The staff treated our kids like princesses. People all over spoke to our kids and said how much they enjoyed seeing them around. Granted the two we took were on the Summit in August. I think school breaks have many children and people who go then know they are traveling with families. My kids loved the cruises. Just as I am sure there are some kids who might be unsupervised, I can promise at least a few adults who had a few too much and are loud too. I read the threads here but not once did I encounter anything but very polite and friendly people. A Christmas cruise I expect will have a large group of children.

My DD is 7 almost 8 when we sail so I would be interested in 6-8 yr activities, as well as, the 3-5 yr activities, as my other child will be almost 6. The above poster might be referencing a talent show. The Summit fun factory put together a very cute talent show all the kids participated in. I guess that might be a fleet wide activity.

Edited by RCKM43

The only time I've been ever on a Celebrity ship, the Summit, was on a ship's tour back in 2006. I did peek into the kids' area and noticed there was a large jungle gym. Whatever photos I took on that tour are archived on a CD so it'll be hard for me to find unless I'm lucky.

But as someone said above, the only time photos are allowed to be taken are before the program begins (probably on the first day when it's just orientation, but I'm not sure if adults without kids would be allowed in there), for privacy reasons. And it could be that most parents haven't thought to take photos at that time.

Here's the Celebrity website page about the kids' program and it looks like there's a variety of photos and info there. (in fact, you might want to look around this website as there should be lots of info about the ship besides the kids' info): http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/family-fun-cruise#&panel1-5&panel2-5

Our last three cruises were holiday time ones, but on Princess and I would have to imagine there will be plenty of kids on board, which will mean a full program of activities.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on two Celebrity cruises with my son. The Eclipse when he was 1 and the Summit when had just turned 3.

For the younger children there isn't much to do although they do have specific times when you can go to the fun factory with your child and play with the age appropriate toys etc together. It's a good opportunity to let your little one crawl/run around a bit and explore new toys.

My son loved the fun factory on the Summit. Each day had a different theme - pirates, monsters vs aliens etc and they did different activities around that theme - art, games etc.

We would often see the older kids running around the boat on some sort of scavenger hunt or activity. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

The fun factory facilities on both ships are modern and spacious.