Can I bring my own toilet paper?

Jgatts0212

And that's totally gross and unsanitary. Use the toilet paper they provide on the ship. It's designed to degrade with the ship's system.

That's what we do in Mexico with our TP. The trashcans are lined.

I'm a huge fan of Charmin Ultra, but I've never brought it on the ship, what they have is fine, and it won't clog the system and cause back ups that cause foul odors. the ship system has smaller pipes and such and the plumbing is different. I would never take the chance of clogging my toilet on the ship, yuck :-)

Edited by kyrisong1

The ship is not Mexico and the cans are not lined.

I guess you don't have a septic system that is very expensive to have pumped. We don't put anything down the toilet except for human waste. To put regular TP down the ships toilets can play havoc on the system getting clogged and many passengers are going to be up poops creek without a paddle if it happens.

I think the OP is being facetious....JMHO though

Everyone wants to bring their own booze, cokes, water, pillows, linens, hairdryers, soap, shampoo, cups, snacks, and even food......not much left besides toilet paper. :D

I'm hoping that is the case.. If not it's at least gotta be one of the most unique questions I've ever seen on here.

I'm hoping that is the case.. If not it's at least gotta be one of the most unique questions I've ever seen on here.

Perhaps but I never realized that the reason the t.p. is so crappy (pardon the pun) on board

is because it is designed to be in that it is meant to instantly fall apart when when wet.

And as was said, same for the kleenex. Live and learn.

Op,

Yes for sure

And

Note To Self for next cruise......

2 girls WILL NEED 2 rolls for 7 day cruise [emoji15][emoji33]!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP - I hope you listen to the folks that say that you should NOT bring your own. as described many times above, there is a reason that the toilet paper is like it is and using your own can and probably will cause problems

OP - I hope you listen to the folks that say that you should NOT bring your own. as described many times above, there is a reason that the toilet paper is like it is and using your own can and probably will cause problems

Some of us have "bottom" sensitivity issues so I will do what is best for my tushy[emoji5]️....

Some of us have "bottom" sensitivity issues so I will do what is best for my tushy[emoji5]️....

then I hope you secure that paper is some sanitary bags and thrown out. I hope your not flushing it down the toilet.

In the case that you are throwing it away properly , I guess it is ok

then I hope you secure that paper is some sanitary bags and thrown out. I hope your not flushing it down the toilet.

In the case that you are throwing it away properly , I guess it is ok

Feel free to stop by my cabin and check it for yourself...LOL[emoji2]

Carnival will provide the orange hazardous waste bags to line the garbage can so that you can place you used toilet paper, wipes or what ever you choose to clean yourself. Be kind and close the bag before the steward cleans your room in the morning:)

Frankly, this is one of the myths about vacuum toilet systems. The thinness of the ship's supplied toilet paper is not to prevent clogs, but to allow it to break down quicker in the waste water treatment plant. The treatment plant is similar to a septic system ashore, but processes waste water so quickly that the bacteria do not have time to digest the paper fibers.

The theory of vacuum toilet systems actually requires that each flush of the toilet act as a "plug" in the pipe that the vacuum can pull along the pipe. If the "plug" falls apart too soon, the vacuum will not move the waste along the pipe, it will tend to lay in horizontal pipes, and this can cause clogging. For this reason, on larger systems, there will be vacuum "booster" stations that will "rebuild" the waste plug to move it to the engine room.

After over 30 years operating and maintaining vacuum toilet systems on ships, I can say that I haven't seen a single clog caused by "thicker" toilet paper. Baby wipes, facial wipes, facial tissues, paper towels, and of course any fabric (face cloths, towels, napkins, underwear, swim wear are a few examples of what we've pulled out), or food items including rib bones, etc.

• Like 2

Some of us have "bottom" sensitivity issues so I will do what is best for my tushy

Same here. I pull off a portion of ship's TP, then use about 3 squares of my own to cover it so it doesn't touch me. This helps so I don't have issues from all the other times when I don't have my own with me (shore restrooms, etc.) I feel that's a compromise that works both for me and the ship's plumbing. Good luck with your tushy!