Coming off cruise Civitavecchia(Rome) what is earliest flight I can book?

luv2gonow

Hi,

Next summer doing a land cruise tour.

Ship arrives in Rome(Civitavecchia) on a Wed at 6am?

What is the earliest flight that I should have no problem making?

Also.....Do they let departing guests off the ship first?? or Shore excursions?

Can I carry my own luggage off soon after dockage?

Thanks

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

Thanks that is earlier than I thought.

So I should be fine with a 12:30.

How do most people get to airport?

I would imagine private car is the fastest.

Do you know if you use NCL transfer what time they guarantee you to be there?

Thanks

Kerri

How do "most" people get there? Probably ship's transport, particularly for a 12:30 flight or later flight.

As commonly discussed here, for early flights- there seem to be many between 10:30 and 11:30, private transport is the common method.

Train is the cheapest, but some reading would reveal it takes more time, and involved lugging your bags all over the train station.

As for NCL transfers, undoubtedly they will have an "earliest flight time", but I don't know what it is.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Have you been to Europe before? If not,please note that the ports are NOTHING like sailing in the caribe and while they seem to cater to the cruise crowd the ports in Europe are are industrial as well as cruise ports.You cannot,in most case, just step off the ship and find a taxi or a tour just waiting. If you have been to Europe my apologies,but just posted this as an FYI.

I highly recommend that you arrange for private transportation to the airport. We usually try to share with another couple from our roll call, which makes the transportation price very reasonable.

Edited by CintiPam

How do "most" people get there? Probably ship's transport, particularly for a 12:30 flight or later flight.

As commonly discussed here, for early flights- there seem to be many between 10:30 and 11:30, private transport is the common method.

Train is the cheapest, but some reading would reveal it takes more time, and involved lugging your bags all over the train station.

As for NCL transfers, undoubtedly they will have an "earliest flight time", but I don't know what it is.

Thanks I will see how much private vs NCL is for 4 people.

Have you been to Europe before? If not,please note that the ports are NOTHING like sailing in the caribe and while they seem to cater to the cruise crowd the ports in Europe are are industrial as well as cruise ports.You cannot,in most case, just step off the ship and find a taxi or a tour just waiting. If you have been to Europe my apologies,but just posted this as an FYI.

No apologies necessary. Been a while since I have been to Europe, and I have never cruised there. So any and all info is welcome.

Definitely want an easy transfer especially with a possibility of language barrier.

For my next trip I might be a little braver with a cheaper airline price to different city and then train to my destination. A previous poster suggested a cheaper flight to Milan then train to Venice. Would definitely save money but add a lot of stress for this newbie:o

I highly recommend that you arrange for private transportation to the airport. We usually try to share with another couple from our roll call, which makes the transportation price very reasonable.

Will definitely look into that. :D

Thanks

Kerri

Chances are excellent that privates will be a lot cheaper than 4 people buying NCL's transfers.

Thats great to hear!!

Don't forget cruiseline is per person and Cabot private per car...much cheaper.

Is Cabot the company you used?

Thanks

Kerri

Thats great to hear!!

Is Cabot the company you used?

Thanks

Kerri

NO..I screwed up with my spelling..I never reread my posts...sorry about that. I meant to say that private car companies charge per car not per person as a rule.