Prisendam cabin layout

blue whale

We have traveled in a verandah with bathtub on Prinsendam. We are now considering a window cabin with shower or bathtub on a future Prinsendam cruise. How does the layout of a window cabin with tub compare in layout to the layout of a verandah cabin with tub? Similarly, how does the layout of a window cabin with shower only compare to the layout of one with tub?

Thank you and have a lovely day.:)

We have traveled in a verandah with bathtub on Prinsendam. We are now considering a window cabin with shower or bathtub on a future Prinsendam cruise. How does the layout of a window cabin with tub compare in layout to the layout of a verandah cabin with tub? Similarly, how does the layout of a window cabin with shower only compare to the layout of one with tub?

Thank you and have a lovely day.:)

Check out this thread & look at the pictures of OV 303 with Tub & OV 308 with only shower.. You can also look at the verandah cabins on this site:

http://halfacts.com/prinsendam/

Thanks, I checked the site and learned what I wanted to know. Did not know about the half fact stickies. really appreciate your fast response.

We are going to do a series of back to backs next year on Prinsendam.

D

Prinsendam is our favorite ship..:):) We've been on her twice.. Last time was for 68 days to Antarctica in 2013.. We were in an OV cabin with just a shower.. It was great for me, as I'm quite short & it's difficult for me to get into those high HAL tubs..:eek::eek: The showers are small but fine for us..

Enjoy your cruise..

Thanks, I checked the site and learned what I wanted to know. Did not know about the half fact stickies. really appreciate your fast response.

We are going to do a series of back to backs next year on Prinsendam.

D

Prinsendam is our favorite ship..:):) We've been on her twice.. Last time was for 68 days to Antarctica in 2013.. We were in an OV cabin with just a shower.. It was great for me, as I'm quite short & it's difficult for me to get into those high HAL tubs..:eek::eek: The showers are small but fine for us..

Also loved the location of our cabin as very close to the mid-ship elevators on Main deck..

Enjoy your cruise..

Thank you for the info about shower cabins.

We are going on the Atlantic adventure on Maasdam in just one month.

We are going to book a series of back to backs on prinsendam while we are on Maasdam. We have been looking at cabins on main deck, particularly E cabins. Is that what you were in? We see that the beds back up the the wall by the entrance and wonder if you got more noise that way?

Thanks

We are going to book a series of back to backs on prinsendam while we are on Maasdam. We have been looking at cabins on main deck, particularly E cabins. Is that what you were in? We see that the beds back up the the wall by the entrance and wonder if you got more noise that way?

Thanks

CORRECTION! OUR CABIN WAS STARBOARD SIDE..SORRY

R

We were in E331..(Starboard side) The head of our bed was actually against the wall to the next cabin E333.. Yes it was next to the entrance door but each 2 cabins have a small (approx. 2-3 ft.) hall off the long corridor .. The closet & bathroom were against the wall on the long main corridor.. No noise at all!

Edited by serendipity1499

We were in cabin 376, which was an oceanview cabin with shower only on Deck 6 and found it to be a perfect location. Close to the elevator and stairs, one flight up to the dining room! The self service laundry is on Deck 6, which we found to be very convenient. I found that we used the stairs quite a bit on this ship, usually only rode the elevator when going up to the Lido on Deck 11 for breakfast and that was pretty much it. Even though I ate quite a bit and loved every bite, I actually lost two pounds on the cruise!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Dorothy: We have stayed in an E level cabin with a tub and one with only a shower on the Prinsedam. Greatly prefer the shower-only cabin as so much easier to get in and out of without hassles . The shower-only cabin was a bit more narrow so there was only 1 bedside table. The steward did get another one for us but we had to rearrange the other furniture to get it situated. Have never had an issue with noise with the bed next to the door as the little hallway helps to block any passageway noise.

Glad to see you two are still cruising!

Terri

Thanks

I also highly recommend the shower only cabin. It makes the BR appear more spacious, as well. The configuration is the same as a balcony cabin. The recessed entrance to the cabin helps with the noise. I think the OV's are a great value on Prinsendam. We've been in 443 and 463. I wouldn't recommend 463. You will hear noise underneath you during the day.