Attire in Speciality Restaurants?

Lerin

My DH and I usually go to the Crown Grill on formal nights as we usually celebrate a

birthday or anniversary on a cruise.

For us,the CG dinner has always been special way to celebrate.

We also dress for formal nights( suit and tie, cocktail dress) to add to the festive occasions.

That being said,we have seen diners in the CG dressed in everything from Hawaiian shirts for the men and capris and casual tops for the women to tuxes ( formal nights).

I hope this can give you an idea about dressing for the CG.

A good number of people choose to dine in the specialty restaurants on formal nights so they do not have dress formally, which is suggested for dining in the main dining rooms. Of course, you are welcome to if you so desire, but otherwise smart casual will be fine.

The last time we were is Sabatini's, we were reminded that we only needed to dress smart casual...(I thought we were..:)). We normally wear a shirt and jacket anyway, that's casual evening for us, but is wasn't necessary....

I plan to wear a gown or LBD, it's my husband that needs convincing.

Will he be alright in khakis and a button down white shirt?

I feel comfortable wearing smart casual even on formal nights which is what most wear & khakis/slacks and collared shirt is what most men wear. On formal night in a specialty restaurant most of the time a suit or tux is not the norm.

We will be on Golden soon and are planning to dine at the Steakhouse as well as Sabatinis.

What is the dress code for dinner in these locations?

Thanks in advance

Good choice for Sabatinis, as for the dress code look sharp. Great dinning.

I feel comfortable wearing smart casual even on formal nights which is what most wear & khakis/slacks and collared shirt is what most men wear. On formal night in a specialty restaurant most of the time a suit or tux is not the norm.

You are so right! It is unusual to see passengers in tuxedos or suits in specialty restaurants on formal nights.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

You are so right! It is unusual to see passengers in tuxedos or suits in specialty restaurants on formal nights.

LuLu

I saw quite a few people dressed up in long gowns/tuxedos/black suit dining in the buffet on formal nights on the Royal Princess over the last two weeks. I've also dined in specialty restaurants on formal nights on other ships when 90% of the other diners were in dresses/suits.

Often, people dine in the specialty restaurants to celebrate a special occasion. The dress is "smart" or resort casual but don't be surprised if you feel underdressed if you are. Just giving you my experience. :)

We usually eat in the specialty restaurants on formal nights, because we don't have to get dressed up any more than smart casual. After all we are on vacation. We do not feel out of place at the specialty restaurants. Not to many tuxes, but I have seen a tux or two in the buffet on formal nights.

I saw quite a few people dressed up in long gowns/tuxedos/black suit dining in the buffet on formal nights on the Royal Princess over the last two weeks. I've also dined in specialty restaurants on formal nights on other ships when 90% of the other diners were in dresses/suits.

Often, people dine in the specialty restaurants to celebrate a special occasion. The dress is "smart" or resort casual but don't be surprised if you feel underdressed if you are. Just giving you my experience. :)

I'll be dressing smart casual. I certainly won't feel "underdressed" I will have all my clothes on 😝

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll be dressing smart casual. I certainly won't feel "underdressed" I will have all my clothes on

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will NOT be underdressed. We have dinner in a specialty restaurant on Princess cruises about every other evening. Promise, smart casual is what almost everyone else will be wearing including formal nights. :)

LuLu