Belize help please

lsims1973

Actually as far as cave tubing with a 3 or 4 year old, the thing I would be most concerned about is how s/he is about hiking for about 45 minutes. It's not a HARD hike or a FAST hike, but it is always muggy and hot. Vitalino (cavetubing.bz) had smaller inner tubes for kids and life jackets. And it's not going down rapids or anything. We were there w/ a kid who was 4 or 5 who WHINED the entire hike. It was annoying as HECK and I felt so sorry for the mother who seemed just to be at her wits' end.

We were there last October and were disappointed. We had looked forward to cave tubing but when we got there we were informed it was cancelled because the caves were flooded because it was the rainy season. The locals told us that it is not uncommon for a lot of the water tours to be cancelled August thru November because the rain floods things out and make it inaccessable. It is ashame because I looked forward to visiting Belize but left not wanting to go back.

We were on the Liberty, and the wait to get a tender at Belize was 2+ hours at 9 am. They were giving priority to RCI excursions. It was a madhouse and many passengers were ranting about missing their independently booked excursions. I vowed to only take an RCI excursion when we go back. It may have been a fluke but that's what we experienced. We ended up having a fabulous pool day on the ship ... After we contacted our tour operator, explained the situation and cancelled our plans.

Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recommend the New River and Lamanai excursion. It takes the full day but is wonderful. There is a mile hike at the ruins but you can climb up on one of the temples. There is a meal included. Also the zoo is fun. Small but nice. I know that others have enjoyed the cave tubing. Belize is my favorite port. The people are nice and it is a beatiful country. Yes it is "3rd world" but one has to remember that not all places are the states.

New River and Lamanai ruin excursion was amazing - a full day of river rides, Mayan ruins and walks through the jungle. On a subsequent cruise, we went to Altun Ha (less expensive and not as lengthy an excursion but quite fun). No bad decision here.