Flight out of San Juan. - What time?

msw1955

It may arrive back in Port at 6:00 am but that isn't when you leave the ship. If you walk off with your luggage do you have an idea what time that could happen? How long will it take to get to the airport? Seems pretty tight not knowing all the answers up front. Just my opinion.

We are sailing on adventure of the seas in April 2015. The ship arrives back to San Juan at 6 A.M. Do you think an 11 A.M. flight would be too early? I'm afraid we might be cutting it too close. Any opinions on this?

Going on the jewel in 2 weeks and we booked our air through choice air. We are supposed to be arriving at 6am in San Juan and our flight leaves 11:05. If royal is offering it it must be doable. Pick a later flight though if you feel more comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked our flights with Choice Air as well, they told us that they wouldn't book anything 11:00am or earlier, we depart at 11:25 i believe.

We've flown in and out of San Juan a few times, the place is crazy, after the first couple of times using the transfers with RCL we now take a cab,

easier and less stressful not having to wait to the bus to be filled up.

We booked our flights with Choice Air as well, they told us that they wouldn't book anything 11:00am or earlier, we depart at 11:25 i believe.

We've flown in and out of San Juan a few times, the place is crazy, after the first couple of times using the transfers with RCL we now take a cab,

easier and less stressful not having to wait to the bus to be filled up.

Same here. I think the taxi was something like $20 or $25.

We have done it twice.. always at the airport by 10am and the wait for those late flights were torture.

Taxi is $20.00 plus $1.00 per bag. Grab a porter give him a few bucks to get your luggage, he will grab you a taxi and off to the airport.

Remember not to bring any plants, fruit and etc as you will be screen for all bags before checking in.

we docked at 6, had an 845am departure of ship.. they let us off early,, 8am , got a porter who had us thru customers in and in a cab by 815.

Just be aware, that if Customs decides to do an in-depth inspection, you could be stuck onboard for a while !!! There is no way to anticipate this.

Steve

We have taken the 11:55 American Airlines flight to DFW from SJU three times in the last 3 years. We depart with the earlier groups (D+) but not super early. Have always had time to eat once we get to the airport.

For a flight an hour earlier I would do the Self Assist debarkation. You will have plenty of time if you do this. SJU port is a pretty easy one, very quick.

But as others have said, do not wait on any transportation. Just get out of the terminal and hop into a cab. It is inexpensive and a short ride. No waiting if you get off by 9:00 am or so.

When you enter the airport go immediately to the Agriculture checkpoint then check your bags and go through security. You should be fine if you get off by 8-8:30am.

Don't stress, as you said if the Cruise Line itself books these flights it is A-OK. We always take the 11:10 am out of Barcelona and have never had a problem.

Now if you were cruising out of Galveston during fog season....well that would be another story. Have had my share of delayed departures out of that port!!

Just returned from Jewel southern caribbean...we departed the ship in one of the earliest times (not using self assist)...7:30am..easily walked off and were in a taxi ($24.00 with 3 bags pre-tip) and at SJU thru the agric. check and at our gate for our DL flight before 8:30...easier and quicker than I expected. We had an 11:40am flight time and had way too much time at SJU...but better safe than sorry and rushed.

When you enter the airport go immediately to the Agriculture checkpoint then check your bags and go through security.

This is the MOST IMPORTANT info in this thread.

Have your taxi drop you as close to the Agriculture checkpoint as possible. Do that checkpoint first!!!

Your bags cannot be checked until they have the sticker that they have been to the Agriculture Check.

The security lines at SJU can take a long time, or not, and no way to predict how long it will take on your day. Do build in some time for that just in case.

Once past that you can have something to eat while waiting for your flight,

but at least you will have gone through the various checkpoints and just have to board your flight.

Have your taxi drop you as close to the Agriculture checkpoint as possible. Do that checkpoint first!!!

Your bags cannot be checked until they have the sticker that they have been to the Agriculture Check.

The security lines at SJU can take a long time, or not, and no way to predict how long it will take on your day. Do build in some time for that just in case.

but at least you will have gone through the various checkpoints and just have to board your flight.

What's with the agriculture check advice??? Never heard of that and I would think that would add time, not make it faster if they have to inspect your bags for agriculture type issues?!? Maybe I'm not understanding this, so I would be interested in an explanation.

We have always done self walk-off and have been sitting at the gate before 8:00. We once did a 8:45 flight, but that was before Oasis and Allure. Not sure I would want to cut it that close if one of those is also in port that day.

What's with the agriculture check advice? I never heard of that so I would love to hear what this is all about. I would think doing that kind of check would add time.

We have always done self walk-off and have been sitting at the gate before 8:00, but that was before Oasis and Allure, and wouldn't cut it that close if one of them is in port.

What's with the agriculture check advice??? Never heard of that and I would think that would add time, not make it faster if they have to inspect your bags for agriculture type issues?!? Maybe I'm not understanding this, so I would be interested in an explanation.

We have always done self walk-off and have been sitting at the gate before 8:00. We once did a 8:45 flight, but that was before Oasis and Allure. Not sure I would want to cut it that close if one of those is also in port that day.

All bags (even carry-ons) must go through ag inspection at San Juan. Knowing this saves time because if you don't do it first, they will send you back when you get to the airline ticket counter.

All bags (even carry-ons) must go through ag inspection at San Juan. Knowing this saves time because if you don't do it first, they will send you back when you get to the airline ticket counter.

Thanks, this must be new since we've been there!

As soon as we entered the door immediately to our left was the Agri check, put our bags in , went thru and we were at the counter within a couple of minutes.

We were at the airport early and beat the rush though. So for us it wasn't a hassle at all. This was 2 1/2 years ago.

Gonna ask a real silly question but I'm assuming this is for only outgoing and not incoming flights?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What's with the agriculture check advice? I never heard of that so I would love to hear what this is all about. I would think doing that kind of check would add time.

We have always done self walk-off and have been sitting at the gate before 8:00, but that was before Oasis and Allure, and wouldn't cut it that close if one of them is in port.

At SJU (San Juan, Puerto Rico) you must have your bags sent through an Agriculture screening machine and have a sticker on your bags before they can be checked. If you don't do this step first you will be sent bag to the Agriculture check before you will be allowed to check your bag.