Would love to hear about Grandeur of the Seas

Hi, my wife and I like to dance onboard our cruises and I am wondering how the venues are for ballroom style dancing is on the Grandeur. We have cruised on the Enchantment and enjoyed it, but I do know she is stretched which I do believe created an additional dance area called "Bolleros if I remember correctly. Do they still offer dancing in the Centrum?

Also meant to say I believe there was dancing every evening. We really enjoyed the Centrum on the Grandeur. It was that definitely the hub of the ship. Lots going on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ship was in beautiful condition. We had heard it was an "older & smaller" ship. We have been on some of the new large ships and have to say that we loved Grandeur. The staff was so personable and welcoming. As for the entertainment, we really enjoyed it especially Rosario Strings, a guitarist and violinist who were excellent. Looking forward to seeing them again on Grandeur in a few weeks.

To BobbyD,

I have sailed on the Summit's sister ship, Infinity years ago. I suggest you go to the Celebrity roll calls and reviews to find out what the Summit is like now before you make a decision. My friends have sailed on the two new Celebrity ships you mentioned and loved them. The Summit is an old ship. We're booked on the Grandeur for July and I was going to cancel after I read some bad reviews. I then read some good reviews on RCCL's roll calls and reviews about the Grandeur. I'm hoping for the best since we are flying in from the West Coast.

Sheila

Worst ship in the fleet!

Have only sailed on her about 15 times. (two more booked)

Save your money.....carnival is a better experience!

LOLOLOL, your bad mouthing is not working since she continues to sail full. But don't worry, I'll help you keep the secret. ;):)

Worst ship in the fleet!

Have only sailed on her about 15 times. (two more booked)

Save your money.....carnival is a better experience!

It must not be too bad since you've sailed on her 15 times & have booked 2 more! I've sailed her twice, have 2 more booked & am looking to book another one when the booking opens.

To BobbyD,

I have sailed on the Summit's sister ship, Infinity years ago. I suggest you go to the Celebrity roll calls and reviews to find out what the Summit is like now before you make a decision. My friends have sailed on the two new Celebrity ships you mentioned and loved them. The Summit is an old ship. We're booked on the Grandeur for July and I was going to cancel after I read some bad reviews. I then read some good reviews on RCCL's roll calls and reviews about the Grandeur. I'm hoping for the best since we are flying in from the West Coast.

Sheila

Have no worries. The Grandeur is a lovely ship. Here is my youtube from our January 2015 10 day cruise on the Grandeur. Lots of photos of the ship, the food, the ports and, of course, us. I think the video will give you a good idea of what the ship is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27VdbjIwdl4

Edited by existentialtraveler

Hi, my wife and I like to dance onboard our cruises and I am wondering how the venues are for ballroom style dancing is on the Grandeur. We have cruised on the Enchantment and enjoyed it, but I do know she is stretched which I do believe created an additional dance area called "Bolleros if I remember correctly. Do they still offer dancing in the Centrum?

We were on the Grandeur in March and there was always a variety of music in the Centrum to include ballroom dancing. We loved the Grandeur.

Edited by psupa

Have no worries. The Grandeur is a lovely ship. Here is my youtube from our January 2015 10 day cruise on the Grandeur. Lots of photos of the ship, the food, the ports and, of course, us. I think the video will give you a good idea of what the ship is like.

Loved your video. Grandeur is a beautiful ship

Theresa

To BobbyD,

Sheila

Thanks for the feedback. We have decided to stay with the Grandeur and are very excited. We do like Celebrity, although we have only sailed them once (Silhouette). We will be on the Reflection in 2016. Thanks again.

Awesome video! I had found this earlier and made me feel better about the Grandeur. Looks like a beautiful ship and I'm sure we will keep very busy!

We will be cruising on her in September. What time have folks been able to board her? I heard the parking is easy but what is the cost? Also when the cruise is over how long does it take you to get out of the parking lot? Thanks for the info.

OCPAT

We cruised the Grandeur for a 10 day in March, and also do a lot of dancing.

We had a dedicated dance instructor couple onboard that did a lesson every sea day. They told us that RC will hire instructors for most cruises of 10 days or more.

There were two main bands - first, the Evergreen Trio. They aren't flashy, but their music is mostly attuned to ballroom - almost every type of dance. They told us that they didn't think their contract was going to be renewed, so I'd be interested to know if they are still onboard. The other band was Casablanca. They paid a variety of stuff, some suitable for dancing, but almost nothing Latin and no waltzes. On a few rare occasions the stage band played Big Band, and one or two times the pool band played, but not much for dancing.

I forgot to say, all of this was in the Centrum, with a small marble floor. The lounge venue, the South Pacific, has a larger wood floor and was used for the dance lessons, but never for dance music - a shame and I don't know why. Finally there is the Viking Crown - this was exclusively for late night DJ music. The few times we took a look, attendance was near zero - a pathetic waste of space.

We will be cruising on her in September. What time have folks been able to board her? I heard the parking is easy but what is the cost? Also when the cruise is over how long does it take you to get out of the parking lot? Thanks for the info.

OCPAT

We love cruising out of the port of Baltimore. We have a 6 hour drive from Ohio and we have found that this is the best port. this terminal knows what they are doing. very organized.

parking is easy... when you pull into the lot, they will direct you to the line to drop off you luggage. then you will go around and pay (cash or credit). parking is $15.00 a day. then you park your car. the terminal is close. once inside, you go through the usual process...get in line, go through security then to the counter to get checked in. a very smooth process.

we have gotten there as early as 10:00. they have seating in the terminal and once the ship is cleared they will start boarding. usually around 11:15 or 11:30.

we have always done the self disembark. this is great. as long as you can carry your bags off, you can leave the ship as soon as its cleared.

never had a problem leaving the parking lot, especially doing the early self disembark.

again...this is a very organized port....they know how to get you in and out...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We have been in the Grand Suite's twice on Grandeur. Once in 8514 and once in 8014. We noticed less noise in 8514. We loved the location - so close to everything. Francis is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I see that you were in GS 8014. We will be there in Feb for W. Caribbean. It is a connecting suite. Did you have much noise from the connecting door? We ordered an egg crate topper for the mattress. Was that a good move?