Would love to hear about Grandeur of the Seas

Andie- i have been on the 4th deck midship twice and thought it was great- you could walk straight down the hall and into the bar area in the centrum with the main desk, excursion desk etc and the elevators right there. It was very convenient.

Thank you, I went with deck 3, midship. I think 3554 if memory serves correctly.

My first cruise ever was on this great lady in March 2014 (an OV) & we were on deck 2 near the front elevators. My second cruise was in October 2014 in an inside cabin deck 3 midship. My next cruise in May this year we are in an OV on deck 4 midship. The next cruise is on deck 3 inside midship. By now I feel that the GOS is my home. I would go just about anywhere on her. I have been busy every day on this ship. There always seems to be something to do. I found a lot of things to do or see on my second trip that I missed on the first trip. I'm sure I'll find something on the next cruise that I have missed. This lady is the cause of my addiction to cruising!

Thank you. How was the weather? I never cruised out of a cold port in cooler months, when can I expect the weather to be sit in the sun and get a tan weather?

First afternoon out and last morning back are usually OK to sit in sun out of wind, but not for tanning. Rest of trip you're far enough south. Obviously major cold fronts and storm systems can change this.

This is a very nice thread and has us excited too. We will be on her January 6 to Jan. 16. It has been years since we have been on an RCI cruise ship. Our first cruise was our honeymoon cruise 30 years ago on the Song of Norway, which we loved. It was to be the "trip of a lifetime" for our honey moon. We have taken at least one (but usually two or three) "trip of a lifetime" every year since then.

For those of you who have sailed her, what are some of the secrets of the ship? We know about the aerial shows, but what else should we know? We will be Diamond on this ship.

We just booked for Jan 6th cruise too. Looking forward to sailing out of Baltamore and seeing St. Thomas. Labadee is ome of oir favorite ports. Hope to meet all of you on board.

We just booked for Jan 6th cruise too. Looking forward to sailing out of Baltamore and seeing St. Thomas. Labadee is ome of oir favorite ports. Hope to meet all of you on board.

We were on the Grandeur Jan 6 to Jan. 16, 2015. It was a great trip, even though we arrived in Baltimore in the middle of a snow storm. You may want to check out my youtube of this cruise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27VdbjIwdl4

Sailed on the Grandeur last June during a tropical storm. Had 3 days at sea because we couldn't go to one of the ports due to the weather. It sucked, sucked, sucked. My kids, husband and I were so bored we wanted to jump overboard. The kids hated the kids camp. And even worse now my 3 year old hates cruises. Did I mention how much it sucked? There was nothing to entertain the kids. The arcade had like 5 games. My son was on the floor sea sick at the kids camp and all the camp counselors did was call my room that I was not in. And what is up with the emphasis on bingo? I have been on other cruise lines and have never felt bingo being pushed on us as much as I did on this ship. The aerial show was pretty good for the entire 5 minute program. Don't blink or you will miss it! The shops had merchandise from the 80's and 90's. This ship needs to be completely redone if they want to sell 7 night cruises on her. We had never sailed Royal before this cruise and were very disappointed. Hopefully the Freedom will be better.

Beautiful video! I think my husband and I met you two on the beach at Labadee.....just after the line of blue cabanas were set up to spoil our view!! :)

I am glad you enjoyed the video. I remember you guys! Yes..we had this beautiful spot when we first arrived at the beach in Labadee. That lasted a couple hours before the cabanas were put 2 feet in front of us. We had a great cruise though.

Edited by jimandtoni

I am glad you enjoyed the video. I remember you guys! Yes..we had this beautiful spot when we first arrived at the beach in Labadee. That lasted a couple hours before the cabanas were put 2 feet in front of us. We had a great cruise though.

We enjoyed the cruise so much, that we have booked the same one for next January!

About cruises that suck. Yours sounds very familiar. The 2 worst trips I have ever been on consisted of bad weather every sea day. NCL Spirit and Carnival Pride. Thank the lord that ALL port days on both trips had good weather. And the bingo thing? We sat in a show lounge on the Pride with a very good band playing. Literally 10 people in the whole place. Could not figure what the ruckus was right above us. Went up to find a room busting to the brim with feverish bingo players. Go figure. On topic though; we will be on GOS March 21. If it is like our experiences on Enchantment and Explorer I'm sure we will have a great time.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps this is a silly question but here we go. :)

We are looking at the Jan 6 2016 cruise. We just returned from a cruise out of Charleston on the Carnival Fantasy. That is an older ship and has no heat. we froze the first afternoon and evening as is was 42 when we sailed. So, the question is: Does the Grandeur have heat?

We live here in Northern VA so I know how cold it can be in January in Baltimore. I hate to be cold! LOL!

TIA!

Perhaps this is a silly question but here we go. :)

We are looking at the Jan 6 2016 cruise. We just returned from a cruise out of Charleston on the Carnival Fantasy. That is an older ship and has no heat. we froze the first afternoon and evening as is was 42 when we sailed. So, the question is: Does the Grandeur have heat?

We live here in Northern VA so I know how cold it can be in January in Baltimore. I hate to be cold! LOL!

TIA!

Grandeur has heat. We've done many winter sailings on her, and I'm always comfortable, even in bare-shouldered formalwear. Perhaps something was malfunctioning on Fantasy when you were aboard. I have to say that like many malls, restaurants, etc. ashore, temperatures in public rooms anywhere can be chilly. You can set your cabin thermostat however you wish.

Thank you. that makes me feel better. The Fantasy really does not have any heat - only ac. And there are no thermostats in the cabin. You adjusted the cool air flow by turning a little knob on the ceiling vents. As one crew member said - "She is a great old "tub" but she can get very cold!" We loved the Fantasy!

Grandeur has heat. We've done many winter sailings on her, and I'm always comfortable, even in bare-shouldered formalwear. Perhaps something was malfunctioning on Fantasy when you were aboard. I have to say that like many malls, restaurants, etc. ashore, temperatures in public rooms anywhere can be chilly. You can set your cabin thermostat however you wish.

However, do take a jacket (or more) to wear on deck when you sail out of Baltimore. It's awesome looking at the historic sites on shore, and especially watching the ship go under the bridges. Well worth the temporary shivers.

We have booked the Grandeur to Bermuda in August. First time out of Baltimore, first time on the Grandeur, first time to Bermuda! Looking forward to it. Does anybody know if a cabin of 3 has a Pullman bed or a pullout couch?

Sailed her four times...see our history below.

Remember she is a small ship. If you like lots of shops (Freedom or Quantum) might not be the best fit.

However if you like cruising past history Fort McHenry or bridges and tunnels (Bay Bridge And Hampton Roads at night) this is your ship. We like sea days and sitting on deck 5 looking out at the sea and reading. Bermuda is pricey and Hamilton shuts early but there is the search for the pink sand beaches.We like Tobacco Bay beach at St Georges (water taxi and a walk)..small and sheltered from the surf of the Atlantic.The refurbished was well done

Need to know first name of assistant cruise director

the first name of the Matre D at chops

the first name of the shopping host

Thank you in advance for any help

Edited by moorlyn

Need to know first name of assistant cruise director

the first name of the Matre D at chops

the first name of the shopping host

Thank you in advance for any help

Shopping host is James

Activities Manager is Andre Miller.

Can't help on Chops.

Roy

We have two inside cabins booked this August on the Grandeur out of Baltimore to Bermuda. I just saw that I can save quite a bit by booking the Summit out of Bayonne. Has anybody sailed both? Which is preferable? I have cruised the Silhouette and will cruise the Reflection to the Med next summer. Never been on a M class ship. Any thoughts would be appreciated.