Questions about upsell to suite

Sundagger

I'll be on a 10 day Sunfarer cruise on the Zuiderdam later this month. I currently have a very nice VB cabin overlooking the stern. I was just offered an upsell to either a Signature suite or Neptune suite. The upcharge is very modest to a Signature suite, and a higher, but not unreasonable, amount for the Neptune. I don't think I'd take the Signature because I like the cabin that I had picked out. The only advantage that I see to the Signature is the small amount of added space and I am only traveling with one other person.

I am tempted by the Neptune suite offer but I had a couple of questions for the board. The suite offered was not specified - are there usually a choice of suites offered? It just says "Best available". The other question is about the desirability of certain Neptune suites. Are there some that would be viewed as undesirable from a noise standpoint? How about location? I vaguely recall some Neptunes being judged to be noisy from above.

This cruise is *not* port intensive, so we would be probably be in the cabin quite a bit. The added perks are significant enough that I'd consider moving from the VB cabin that I really like.

Signature suites offer more space, a bigger couch, and a nicer bathroom.

Neptune suites, if you find the price worth it, are the best on board apart from the two pinnacle suites. Bigger everything, from bathroom, beds to balconies. You also get priority everything, from embarkation, debarkation, excursions, to reservations. Also, access to the neptune lounge and private concierge service. No need to stand in line with us plebeians hehe. I can't remember for sure, but I think it also includes complimentary stuff like laundry and dry cleaning, and snacks and a sparkling wine bottle. All neptune suites are located midships, usually deck 6 and or 7 (the supposed sweet spot in terms of comfort at sea).

Booking a suite also gets you double mariner days points, but this may not apply for an upsell offer.

Edited by MaxThrusters

You will get free laundry and dry cleaning in the Neptune Suite. And you will get double points towards Mariner Society status.

I highly recommend taking the upsell if it is in your budget. It's the only way to cruise! :):)

Signature suites offer more space, a bigger couch, and a nicer bathroom.

Neptune suites, if you find the price worth it, are the best on board apart from the two pinnacle suites. Bigger everything, from bathroom, beds to balconies. You also get priority everything, from embarkation, debarkation, excursions, to reservations. Also, access to the neptune lounge and private concierge service. No need to stand in line with us plebeians hehe. I can't remember for sure, but I think it also includes complimentary stuff like laundry and dry cleaning, and snacks and a sparkling wine bottle. All neptune suites are located midships, usually deck 6 and or 7 (the supposed sweet spot in terms of comfort at sea).

Booking a suite also gets you double mariner days points, but this may not apply for an upsell offer.

There are aft wraps that are neptune suites so not all are midship.

If you are taking an upsell you will not get double points. This is plainly stated on the offer.

The op should get to pick their room. As the other poster pointed out don't delay or they will be gone.

Edited by cruz chic

If you are taking an upsell you will not get double points. This is plainly stated on the offer.

The op should get to pick their room. As the other poster pointed out don't delay or they will be gone.

My mistake on the points. You are correct. We took an upsell from a Vista suite - hence we got double points.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Ditto on the above.

Also, you may even get an aft-wrap suite that gives you the same view that you have now, plus a side view, plus all the Neptune suite perks.

If you consider the price fair, I would go for it. Seeing you plan to spend time in your cabin and presumably on your verandah for this particular cruise, this would be a good one to have more space and nice extras. :)

Let us know what you decide.

To be just a little more clear, if one buys an upsell from a cabin that qualifies for double days, they will get double days for the upsell cabin they occupy. If one buys an upsell from an originally booked cabin that does not qualify for double days, they will not get double days by buying the upsell.

IF you think you want to buy the upsell, don't wait. It may already be too late. They make these offers to lots of people and whoever responds first gets it.

Edited by sail7seas

The deck above Neptune Suites have SY cabins, so little worries about noise. The only suites I would pause at are the 4 around the elevators, but I would accept those too if the price was right.

Yes, have a deck plan ready so you can choose from the available cabins. Neptune suites are in a fabulous location, all are close to the Lounge with the exception of the aft wrap suites, which have a charm of their own.

Good Luck and let us know how it works out!

It's a moot point now - the offer is sold out. It only took a few hours for that to happen. I'm not too disappointed - I still have the VB cabin that I originally wanted.

Thanks for the advice. Incidentally, this specific category of upsell (Preferred Limited Upgrade Special) does NOT include double credits.

It's a moot point now - the offer is sold out. It only took a few hours for that to happen. I'm not too disappointed - I still have the VB cabin that I originally wanted.

Thanks for the advice. Incidentally, this specific category of upsell (Preferred Limited Upgrade Special) does NOT include double credits.

Sorry to hear that. NONE of the upsells include double credits unless your were in a room that qualified for it before.