Victory - Best/Worst

coolestwife

Best - The gym- the hot tub in the gym - ocean view windows in the dry/steam sauna. The deli- 24 hour pizza- cheeseburgers&fries. The waterslide---buckets of beer-The Irish Sea bar with Kevin

Bad - 2 hour wait to get on ship, we arrrived 11am

One day at sea there was a sewer smell on the lido deck

We had such a great time on this ship I am booked on the Victory March 05. :)

I got lost :rolleyes: everynight going to dinner. It was such a pain to get around to the dining rooms. Its just a weird layout. JMHO

Good to know that they can be confusing...I'm already a klutz; I don't need to be lost as well! :p

Best - The gym- the hot tub in the gym - ocean view windows in the dry/steam sauna. The deli- 24 hour pizza- cheeseburgers&fries. The waterslide---buckets of beer-The Irish Sea bar with Kevin

Bad - 2 hour wait to get on ship, we arrrived 11am

One day at sea there was a sewer smell on the lido deck

We had such a great time on this ship I am booked on the Victory March 05. :)

We were on her Jan 9 - 16th and we had the sewer smell too.

I remember puting that in my review..

I can't believe I forgot about that...

We sailed on her 6-24-05 and the only negative thing I would mention are lines at the Lido buffet. It really isn't a problem if you go a bit earlier or a bit later, but at peak times the lines can get long. You might also consider going to breakfast and lunch in the dining room and you'll avoid any lines altogether.

I would have booked the Victory for next June also but it seems she is doing some shorter cruises during that time frame. I have a set of deck plans I made up; you can e-mail me if you want a copy (Word format).

John

jmiller981@aol.com

Edit: here is a link to my Victory review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12249

You do get that so called sewer smell on ships alot I think. (from what I have read) We experienced a little bit of that last year on the Triumph. But....don't they have tanks like a camper or an airplane? If anyone has camped in a camper before you do get a little bit of that smell sometimes. Considering how big the ships are I'm sure those tanks are pretty big and not easy to get around a little smell from them.

Best-pizza, for sure, and any food is great when I don't cook or clean up...relaxation, layin on the upper deck, I don't care if I'm next to the pool or not as long as the sun is out and I have a chair, can't believe how people had me tied up in knots about that before hand...best vacation hands down...lookin forward to Conquest 07!

Worst-definitely the layout, we were late to dinner most nights because we couldn't figure out how to get to the dining room, yes I have a terrible sense of direction, but even my hubby joked we needed the GPS.

TinaJ

Best-pizza, for sure, and any food is great when I don't cook or clean up...relaxation, layin on the upper deck, I don't care if I'm next to the pool or not as long as the sun is out and I have a chair, can't believe how people had me tied up in knots about that before hand...best vacation hands down...lookin forward to Conquest 07!

Worst-definitely the layout, we were late to dinner most nights because we couldn't figure out how to get to the dining room, yes I have a terrible sense of direction, but even my hubby joked we needed the GPS.

TinaJ

ooohhhhh......drool.....the pizza.....drool....

Thank you so much for this post. I was begining to wonder if ANYONE even goes on this ship. So many of the posts seem to be about other ships. WE will be on the Vicotry in November. This is our second cruise, and first cruise with Carnival. I have definatley read the warnings on the sea horse bites. I can already picutre myself rolling my eyes at myself after the first bite I get...and thinking "Oh, THIS is what they're talking about"!

I am also not to keen on the sewer smell I have read about-esp. since we have an aft cabin and that is where i had read some complaints about smell.

But we can't wait for this cruise, and I think all will be good, esp. after reading all your posts. I also think I will check out the deck plans so we will know how to get to dinner early on in the cruise...and where to have a cosmo first!

Loved the Victory. The layout is a bit odd because the galley is located midships on decks 3 and 4 between the two dining rooms - so you can't go from one end of the ship to the other on those decks. The same holds true for the Conquest class ships. (If the outside deck on deck 3 is open, you can walk outside the length of the ship. It's a great place for peace and quiet, or to take your drink from the lobby bar.) You can walk the full length of the ship inside on deck 5 (Promenade) - if you're on deck 5, you can go anywhere. Having been on Victory, Conquest was a breeze!

There are, from my understanding, seahorses at the end of each stairrail that stick out and people are known to run into them ...

Ok...LOL...thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll be on the lookout from now on!!

Archived