Sojourn service

Heather White

Let me share this with you...

I got up from my sun lounger at the front of deck 6, only to discover that my favourite white cover-up had vanished....On peering overboard, my husband spotted that it had blown over and got hooked on a projection from where the anchor is raised/lowered (we were anchored at the time). It was retrieved by a crew member, but was of course covered in engine oil and grease. I was reluctantly going to dispose of it, but asked our stewardess if it was worth laundering. She looked doubtful but said that she would see...Two days later it appeared in our cabin as good as new! What amazing service!

Let me share this with you...

I got up from my sun lounger at the front of deck 6, only to discover that my favourite white cover-up had vanished....On peering overboard, my husband spotted that it had blown over and got hooked on a projection from where the anchor is raised/lowered (we were anchored at the time). It was retrieved by a crew member, but was of course covered in engine oil and grease. I was reluctantly going to dispose of it, but asked our stewardess if it was worth laundering. She looked doubtful but said that she would see...Two days later it appeared in our cabin as good as new! What amazing service!

That's known as a Seabourn Moment. We all get to experience them at some point every cruise and say - that's why we keep coming back.

On a Transatlantic from Lisbon, I broke the frame of my only pair of eyeglasses. Being nearly blind without them, my friend asked at the purser's desk if there was some glue we could borrow to fix them (I know, hopeless). The crew member said they thought they could do better. She took the glasses to a another crew member - a machinist - who repaired the frame within the day. This fix saved the cruise for me. Furthermore, the repair was so sturdy (and seamless) that it lasted for years.

(Fortunately, thanks to the miracles of modern science, I no longer need glasses, but that's another story)

On a Legend cruise a couple of years ago my wife forgot to charge her camera battery before leaving home she also forgot to take a spare battery.

We went to the purser to see if they had a charger on board for the particular battery type.

They did not but gave the battery to the maintenance man who made a charging device to charge the battery,it did look like something from a Frankenstein movie but worked and the maintenance man was pleased beyond belief to have helped my wife take some wonderful pictures.

Seabourn moments are always on board a cruise and happen often to most of us lucky to sail with Seabourn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the first formal night on our first Seabourn cruise the front strap on my only high-heeled dress sandals snapped (they were almost brand new) and I had only very long evening trousers with me. I carefully walked around in flatter sandals, on tip-toes, to avoid tripping, which was not comfortable or fun at all. On recounting this to our stewardess the next day she took the shoes away and they reappeared the next day stitched and repaired. Another Seabourn moment!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's known as a Seabourn Moment. We all get to experience them at some point every cruise and say - that's why we keep coming back.

I do wish this site had a like button ...Spot on stamfordian ;)

I've adopted that saying at home ...when I do the 'out of ordinary' at home ;)

Once on the Pride I was leaving the Club after visiting and dancing.

As I walked out, one evening shoe heel snapped off ~panic as I had only 2 prs. of formal shoes. I took the shoe to the Purser. With a big smile she said, "Oh, no problem, I'll send your shoe to our cobbler" ~~I hadn't heard that word in 50 years ~~sure e'nuff next morning my doorbell rang. It was the Pride's carpenter. He said, "here's your pretty shoe, good as new!" I turned, grabbed a fresh red rose and told him "Thank you, this flower is for you."

Again, it's the Seabourn way!

Martita

I remember our first Pride trip to the Norwegian Fjords, I had just bought an open knitted Cardigan/Jacket, I caught a thread on something somewhere and ended up with a 6 inch pull of wool, I went to Reception and asked if the Cleaners could try to pull it back to see if the "pull line" would disappear, two days later it was back in our cabin absolutely perfect, how they did it I will never know. Maybe that is part of the reason why we never even consider any other cruise line..........

Shopping with Chef Rajat and Maître d' Warren Kree a few years ago in Livorno we passed by a lovely pile of squash blossoms. My husband commented " oh my wife loves to stuff the blossoms, coat them in a light tempura batter and deep fry them." As we arrived back at the ship that morning instead of boarding with us Warren excused himself and said he had an errand to run. That night we were served a special course of stuffed and fried squash blossoms. Warren had gone back to the market to pick up the blossoms and Rajat agreed to prepare them for us. What a special treat!

Just one of the many Seabourn Magical Moments we have enjoyed in the last 13 years and why we too will not stray from this cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will never forget once aboard the Pride we stopped in the Azores to refuel/bunker ~I wanted to go to the grocery store. I happened to see our Ex Chef (can not recall his name) on the stairwell. I ask him if he knew anyone going to town, he replied, "well, I'm getting ready to go shop for local cheeses, fish, and some other foods ~please Martha, come go with me"! Of course I said, "come on Cheffy, lets go!" Azores Port Agent /car was at the gangway.

I believe perhaps this could have started, Seabourns "Shopping With The Chef" ~

We three shopped and then had coffee and a biscuit in the grocery store ~ A long ago sweet Seabourn memory.

Martita B

Henry

We surely miss you here......I love reading of your many travels.

Mother, my brother and I ordered cham,gane, salmon, etc. in 2001, to his suite 234 (oures 232) Mother ask me to go and ask our nice neighbors come to our "pajama/robe morning social!" Joes room was full of folks. Mother in her Alice blue nightgown~~Martha B in her leopard PJ's. :p

Could this be Seabourn's new Block Parties? I've hosted a few 'jamas and white terry robe "affairs" ever since. Sooo fun! Host one your next sailing.

Happy Tuesday

MB