Constellation: Cabins near stairwells - noisy?

spanner14

Very excited as we've just booked an accessible 2b cabin on deck 6 of Constellation (yes, I am disabled). :):)

I chose 6109 because it is not right next to the lifts, but it is next to the stairwell. My other option was 6103 but that seems to have white space opposite and I wondered if that could have a crew door nearby?

Does anyone have any insight into how much noise we might get from the stairs? Should I try to swap to 6103?

Thank you in advance. :)

Very excited as we've just booked an accessible 2b cabin on deck 6 of Constellation (yes, I am disabled). :):)

I chose 6109 because it is not right next to the lifts, but it is next to the stairwell. My other option was 6103 but that seems to have white space opposite and I wondered if that could have a crew door nearby?

Does anyone have any insight into how much noise we might get from the stairs? Should I try to swap to 6103?

Hi,:) I have never been in these cabins before but I have been in cabins

located near elevators and/or stairs and don't remember ever having

noise issues:)

We also have never been in these staterooms, but have been near the stairs and elevators before. Every so often there is a loud passenger, but it is not something that occurs often. Even being away from stairs and elevators, there are sometimes rude passengers who talk loudly in the hallway, not realizing that others may be trying to sleep in their rooms.

We also have never been in these staterooms, but have been near the stairs and elevators before. Every so often there is a loud passenger, but it is not something that occurs often. Even being away from stairs and elevators, there are sometimes rude passengers who talk loudly in the hallway, not realizing that others may be trying to sleep in their rooms.

I think there are people like that on every ship and every hotel! :(

Thank you both for replying. Sounds as if we'll be ok. :)

We've stayed in 7103 on the Infinity and while on a deck with cabins above and below, we never heard a sound. Extremely convenient location!! I would like to know what is right below you, though. While we hadn't had any issue with the stairwell guests, we've stayed on a ship where the room service galley was right below us and they started up early in the morning. All the slamming of the cupboards from down below radiated up into our room. Can you tell what is below you in this cabin. If not much, you have picked a great location!!

There doesn't seem to be much; deck 5 is below us but directly under us seems to be a lifeboat outside, and inside some general seating outside Bistro on Five? Or the gents' toilets! :):eek:

But as deck 6 has so many big money suites, I can't imagine noise from deck 5 below is too troublesome.....hopefully?