Is door decorating done anymore?

2-laner

It has been almost 2 years since I cruised. In the past we would decorate our door for fun, but mostly so my kids (and grandma) could find our room easier. Getting ready to take a cruise in January and my daughter wanted to know if we were decorating the door again. She is old enough that she really doesn't need help finding the room anymore, but, the prepping was always fun. If it is a thing of the past we probably will not bother.

Yes, people still do for holidays/occasions or just for fun. We are planning to do it this cruise for our son and grandma for the same reasons you stated lol! Got a bunch of beach party/luau themed stuff really cheap on clearance at a party store since they are making room for Halloween.

I did it last week on my cruise, and quite a few others that had it done as well! We just used those sticky removable wall decorations. And let me tell you one night I could not remember my room number (I may have had a few drinks) and I was very thankful I had decorated my door!!! :D

I will admit that when you turn the corner and look down what seems like an endless hallway of identical doors, it almost has an optical illusion effect. I found myself searching for our decorated door as well. :)

Yep I still decorate and love doing it. I normally put on those gel like stickers as they are ready to remove.

One year we did little Easter bunnies and chicks. Funny they kept moving down to other cruisers doors. I think kids were just having a bit of fun.

When we did Europe we put out some 4th of July sticker's.

And yes it does make it easier to find your own room door. Lydia.

I do on every cruise. I usually book porthole on the Riviera, so it's not hard to find our cabin, but I do it for the fun. This next cruise since we have an ocean view in the middle, I will do it for my cruise friend who is a little senile.:o I think a pink flamingo will help her when she is without me.

We're cruising for Christmas so yes, door decorations will make their way into the suitcases. With our FTTF, hope to welcome our 'neighbors' when they get to their cabins.

The ship will be so wonderfully decorated, looking forward to being part of the festivities.

We're cruising for Christmas so yes, door decorations will make their way into the suitcases. With our FTTF, hope to welcome our 'neighbors' when they get to their cabins.

The ship will be so wonderfully decorated, looking forward to being part of the festivities.

Speaking of the ship being decorated for Christmas, how long do they leave the decorations up usually? We are sailing January 4th? I assume they will have taken all of it down by then?

The next 2 cruises I have planned we will be decorating our door. Halloween will be one of them. I bought some gel stickies that are festive and some battery operated twinkle lights. I enjoy seeing the different things stuck to people's doors.

We did it and will do it next time. We don't drink much but the doors do all look the same so it makes you not have to think about which is yours. Since your room number isn't on anything, I felt better knowing my kids wouldn't accidently go to the wrong room, even though they are older. It was fun for us, we used the removable vinyl and put a cut out of our state on our door and some Easter cut outs on the kids room

Kathy-Central Indiana

Mom to four (2girls-16&13), (2boys-13&11)

Carnival Liberty (Southern) 4/2015)

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern

I have never decorated a door before now, but plan to on our next cruise in two weeks. It is my SO's birthday (a "significant" one) and his kids/grandkids will be in cabins around the corner - it might make it easier for the little ones to find our cabin. I bought a package of eight small magnets from Home Depot - will they be enough to hold the decorations up? I plan to buy the decorations this afternoon from Party City.

The last cruise we were on we decorated the door and a few times we would open our door to somebody standing there looking at what we had on it. Would make you jump a bit but then we would just start laughing with them. Great way to meet and greet. One day my sister opened the door just as somebody snapped a picture of it. She saw flashing lights for a minute or two after that. Good memories.

The last cruise we were on we decorated the door and a few times we would open our door to somebody standing there looking at what we had on it. Would make you jump a bit but then we would just start laughing with them. Great way to meet and greet. One day my sister opened the door just as somebody snapped a picture of it. She saw flashing lights for a minute or two after that. Good memories.

Haha, that's cute :)

We just started decorating the last couple cruises after seeing all the other doors and enjoying them. We also were celebrating going to Hawaii so that was reason to decorate our door all by itself! 25 years of marriage, that's cool, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just started decorating the last couple cruises after seeing all the other doors and enjoying them. We also were celebrating going to Hawaii so that was reason to decorate our door all by itself! 25 years of marriage, that's cool, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

VERY good reasons to celebrate :)

A couple years ago I bought some hair clips with big bright tropical flowers on them at the Dollar store. I just clip them on our mailbox as a marker so hubby can find the room. I can remember the room # he can't. Its simple and cheap.

Just an FYI -- I had posted a similar question last week. One of the responses I got was that they don't like you to use the gel type of door decorations. Apparently it leaves some type of residue and dye on the doors and the cabin stewards have to spend considerable time trying to get it off. Same with any type of tape that you may use to put things on the door. Tape leaves a sticky residue.

To be respectful to the cabin stewards, I purchased the inexpensive vinyl window clings. I'm told they will stick to the door and won't leave anything on the door - and thus no residue on the door.

Several people mentioned that they use the 3M Command type of adhesive hangers.

I spent a whopping $1.00 at the Dollar Store for some really cute decorations for our door. I'll just throw them away at the end of our cruise since they were so cheap.