Oasis Suite...What Would You Do?

Cindy

We are taking our first cruise on the Oasis next month, and I recently upgraded from a GS to a CLS for a great price...I'm thrilled! Unfortunately, I can't leave well enough alone, and they have now released Aquatheater Suites for a great price, and they can be booked by only two people. I'm tempted, because I love big aft balconies, but there are a lot of things about the CL that are appealing too.

Your thoughts? Should I try to upgrade again or stay put?:confused: Both are unique and aren't available on any of the ships we've been on in the past or currently have booked...that to me is the biggest appeal. I've had aft cabins before, and a big aft suite with a wrap around balcony on HAL.

We choose our cabins entirely on the size of the balcony. We spend a lot of time out there! We have been upgraded to a CLS on Oasis and while I loved the cabin, the balcony is crowded with two loungers and a table between. No chairs, no high table to eat on, and hard to move around on. Since then, we have been upgraded to an Owners Suite which I love for the balcony and would always choose that over a CLS. (Until I found out the Concierge Lounge is being moved to deck 17.)

I have really wanted to try an Aqua Theater Suite but price and occupancy requirements have prevented it. So, if you love a fabulous balcony, I'd spring for the Aqua Theater Suite.

Cindy having stayed in both I would choose the Crown Loft. IMHO the only thing the AQS has going for it is the large balcony. The rest of the suite felt cheap.

We just liked the overall feel of the CL. It felt more like a suite and the area is nicer. I have photos of the AQS in my Oasis photos. Crown Loft photos are in my Oasis and Allure photos.

Edited by cruisingator2

We love the CLS.

But, mind you have never had an AQua theatre Suite.

The two stories, two large bathrooms with showers, and the price was so right for our upsell.

In 2013, we paid 750 for GS to CL (we were platinum)

In 2014 we paid $600 for GS to CL (We were emerald)

Hoping for a nicer offer next July:D

Sea Ya

Cindy having stayed in both I would choose the Crown Loft. IMHO the only thing the AQS has going for it is the large balcony. The rest of the suite felt cheap.

We just liked the overall feel of the CL. It felt more like a suite and the area is nicer. I have photos of the AQS in my Oasis photos. Crown Loft photos are in my Oasis and Allure photos.

The best I have seen ! Thank you!

Barb

Thanks, everybody! I think I will probably stay with the CL unless Royal Caribbean calls me with an offer ($$$) I can't refuse. I'm thrilled with our Crown Loft and the price I got it for, and I really can't wait to try Deck 17, especially if the rumors are true and the Concierge Lounge is being moved up there.

I could get into an Aquatheater suite for about another $800, and although it's tempting, I don't NEED to spend any more!:)

Cruisingator2, I LOVE your pictures! Thank you!:D

We love the CLS.

But, mind you have never had an AQua theatre Suite.

The two stories, two large bathrooms with showers, and the price was so right for our upsell.

In 2013, we paid 750 for GS to CL (we were platinum)

In 2014 we paid $600 for GS to CL (We were emerald)

Hoping for a nicer offer next July:D

Sea Ya

I didn't even wait for an offer!:o I saw a fantastic price on the website one Sunday morning and decided to become my own upsell fairy! The agent I spoke with said it was a "weekend special." I ended up keeping my OBC and balcony discount, and getting the upgrade for about $500 (GS to CL). I couldn't pass up the chance to do something so different, so I didn't hesitate to move.

Even though prices have dropped with the cruise next month, I still haven't seen the price as low as it was that random Sunday morning!:)

Well, that didn't last long!:o I was able to move to a Deck 9 Aquatheater Suite for only $15.00, and it was an offer I couldn't refuse!:rolleyes: We spend most of our waking hours on the balcony, not in the cabin, so I went for space, view, and outdoor dining over nicer finishes and a more luxurious suite. Since it's just the two of us, I know we can always get a Crown Loft, but our opportunities to sail in an Aquatheater Suite are dependent on them not booking up with larger parties.

I'm pretty excited...I've only seen the Oasis and Allure from port, and I've always envied the people on those aft balconies!

Well, that didn't last long!:o I was able to move to a Deck 9 Aquatheater Suite for only $15.00, and it was an offer I couldn't refuse!:rolleyes: We spend most of our waking hours on the balcony, not in the cabin, so I went for space, view, and outdoor dining over nicer finishes and a more luxurious suite. Since it's just the two of us, I know we can always get a Crown Loft, but our opportunities to sail in an Aquatheater Suite are dependent on them not booking up with larger parties.

I'm pretty excited...I've only seen the Oasis and Allure from port, and I've always envied the people on those aft balconies!

I think I would have done the same thing. You will really enjoy that huge balcony.:)

We've got an owners suite booked for Allure in Mar 16. You bet I would change to a Aquasuite for $15.

Hey we need a place to watch Oasis of Dreams Sunday night! 😄 lol Glad you were able to upgrade at at such a low cost. You will love it, now all of us can look up at you and be envious of you! Happy for you!

We are taking our first cruise on the Oasis next month, and I recently upgraded from a GS to a CLS for a great price...I'm thrilled! Unfortunately, I can't leave well enough alone, and they have now released Aquatheater Suites for a great price, and they can be booked by only two people. I'm tempted, because I love big aft balconies, but there are a lot of things about the CL that are appealing too.

Your thoughts? Should I try to upgrade again or stay put?:confused: Both are unique and aren't available on any of the ships we've been on in the past or currently have booked...that to me is the biggest appeal. I've had aft cabins before, and a big aft suite with a wrap around balcony on HAL.

What a great situation to be in. Ignoring cost/value as that is up to you, on my 2013 Allure cruise I did my first cabin crawl and we got to see one of every type of cabin. I loved the Crown Loft suite. For my wife and I this would be ideal. If you are traveling with 4 or more the sleeping might be better in the Aqua Theater suites. The view is pretty nice too.

Hey we need a place to watch Oasis of Dreams Sunday night! 😄 lol Glad you were able to upgrade at at such a low cost. You will love it, now all of us can look up at you and be envious of you! Happy for you!

On this note, I highly encourage people to see the show the first time from the actual theater and not above. It choreographed for the audience and has some great visual effects. Watching from deck 11, 12, or 14 has more of a behind the scenes look.

Hey we need a place to watch Oasis of Dreams Sunday night! lol Glad you were able to upgrade at at such a low cost. You will love it, now all of us can look up at you and be envious of you! Happy for you!

Maybe we'll have a party! :D

On this note, I highly encourage people to see the show the first time from the actual theater and not above. It choreographed for the audience and has some great visual effects. Watching from deck 11, 12, or 14 has more of a behind the scenes look.

Thanks we were on Allure and watched from both. Both views are great.

Maybe we'll have a party! :D

HaHa I just can't wait to go. Is the hubby still in the dark about your changes? I am watching prices on Grand Suite and they are dropping, if I do change I will not tell my wife and surprise her. I really like our JS location so the price would have to be right!:D

HaHa I just can't wait to go. Is the hubby still in the dark about your changes? I am watching prices on Grand Suite and they are dropping, if I do change I will not tell my wife and surprise her. I really like our JS location so the price would have to be right!:D

the new GS's on 11 have the oversized wrap balcony :D

He's still in the dark...I'm trying to decide if I want to figure out something cute and tell him ahead of time, or just wait until we board. On one hand, it would be fun to share the excitement, but on the other hand, I could probably get a pretty neat picture if I wait!

If you decide to move, the GS we gave up a couple weeks ago -- 8660 -- is still available and it's in a great location.

Those aren't available yet for my sailing. I think they'll use them for upgrades or sale at the last minute if they're completed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not in inventory until December.

Edited by Cindy

They are available for my sailing next November. I am wondering if I should switch from deck 9 midship. Does wrap around mean that we will have a view from the side and the back? I still want the ocean unobstructed views, not just looking at the aqua theater.

He's still in the dark...I'm trying to decide if I want to figure out something cute and tell him ahead of time, or just wait until we board. On one hand, it would be fun to share the excitement, but on the other hand, I could probably get a pretty neat picture if I wait!

If you decide to move, the GS we gave up a couple weeks ago -- 8660 -- is still available and it's in a great location.

That is the one I am looking at Cindy, our JS is on 8 on the Hump.