Cabo post hurricane

BrwnEyedGirl35

We just had a wonderful, can't pass up deal dropped on our laps for a last minute cruise on the Carnival Miracle. Curious... anyone been to Cabo since the hurricane and how it's looking now. Any suggestions of a good resort we can just go hang out at while we are in port?

Also any likes/dislikes regarding the Miracle? We have not sailed on this ship before.

Thanks..........Happy sailing all. :cool:

Edited by BrwnEyedGirl35

I can't really reply to your post in regards to resorts and what not, but I've been seeing pics of Cabo as of late, and seeing stories where it seems that many resorts and excursions are back in business. I will be on a cruise that makes a stop in Cabo in November.

When is your cruise?

I believe a Holland America ship stopped there a day or two ago, and a Princess is due today or tomorrow. Comments have indicated the area is far from 100%, but getting back up to speed.

All the Carnival info you will ever need can be found on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

I can't really reply to your post in regards to resorts and what not, but I've been seeing pics of Cabo as of late, and seeing stories where it seems that many resorts and excursions are back in business. I will be on a cruise that makes a stop in Cabo in November.

When is your cruise?

We are sailing on Nov 8th. Looking forward to it either way since it has been many years since we have visited PV, Mzt and Cabo.

Happy sailing all :cool:

Edited by BrwnEyedGirl35

Holland American Zui... stopped in Cabo on Friday 10/3, and Star Princess was there on 10/4 and Carnival Miracle is scheduled for 10/6 & 7. So looks as if the marina/dock area is back up and running.:)

There are some webcams that point in the harbor from a hotel/condo.(that is how I saw H.A.)

Princess has its own webcam on their ships.

We are sailing on Nov 8th. Looking forward to it either way since it has been many years since we have visited PV, Mzt and Cabo.

Happy sailing all :cool:

So it sounds like you will be boarding the boat the day I arrive back in port. I too am just looking forward to being on vacation, and visiting wherever we may land. Any of the ports will be a first for me. :)

We visited on the Miracle, October 7th, and the Marina looked better than I expected, but not very many boats, considering that the Bisby is coming up.

Many of the shops and bar/restaurants at the Tender Pier/Marina were up and running, but Sr. Frog was totally blown out.

Restaurants around the Marina Walk, Tony's and Solomon's were open, many others as well.

We walked up to the History Museum, and it was open, but with no electricty, so no lights, but you could still see some of the exhibts, and the Whale Skeleton, outside, was still there (our main concern), but had lost a few ribs.

gary

• 1 month later...

I stayed at the Sandos all inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas, just 6 weeks after the hurricane. They fixed the place up pretty quickly considering the restaurant was almost completely destroyed by the storm. The hotel manager showed some pictues of the damage it was pretty extensive but now the resort is looking like new again. They do day passes there for around one hundred dollars so if you want to hangout at an all inclusive resort whilst in Cabo San Lucas I would chekc it out. http://www.sandos.com/hotel-finisterra-in-cabo-san-lucas.htm