What balcony cabin and deck is best on Zuiderdam

HopeO

Hi,

This will be my first cruise with Holland America. We will be sailing with them in April. What is the best deck and balcony rooms on this ship? Also is it worth the extra money to upgrade to a small suite.

Thanks a bunch for your input.

Hi,

This will be my first cruise with Holland America. We will be sailing with them in April. What is the best deck and balcony rooms on this ship? Also is it worth the extra money to upgrade to a small suite.

check this website out it has all the ships, cabins and decks listed it may help.

http://deckplangenius.com

Don

Edited by Folk Singer

Hi,

From experience - deck 4, and if you can get 4164 or 4166 with the double-wide balcony, all the better. All the balconies on that deck are slightly bigger, anyway, in the depth.

Edited by Lizzie68

What is the best deck for one person may be the worst for another. And only you could decide if a suite is worthwhile.

What other ships have you been on and which decks or types of cabins did you like on them?

Hi,

HAL has already determined that the best cabin on the ship is the Pinnacle Suite and two of them are on the Rotterdam Deck ;)

Seriously, I have to agree that the aft Veranda cabins on deck 4 are quite good. They used to be classed as VD but I think are now VB and VC depending on location. They have a balcony a bit larger than the others with a nice overhang providing shade when needed.

HAL has already determined that the best cabin on the ship is the Pinnacle Suite and two of them are on the Rotterdam Deck ;)

No, they have determined that there are enough people that would be willing to pay a lot for that cabin. :D

Seriously, I have to agree that the aft Veranda cabins on deck 4 are quite good. They used to be classed as VD but I think are now VB and VC depending on location. They have a balcony a bit larger than the others with a nice overhang providing shade when needed.

That holds true for me too and I have many friends that believe the highest deck is the best (for them).

Last year we had an aft-facing verandah cabin below the lido deck. We had no problems with noise from above, other than hearing the workers repositioning the loungers in the wee hours.

We did have a terrible problem with the air conditioning failing, which made the last few days unbearably hot. They set up a fan in our room.

Last year we had an aft-facing verandah cabin below the lido deck. We had no problems with noise from above, other than hearing the workers repositioning the loungers in the wee hours.

Good to know about the lack of noise, can live with a little repositioning of the loungers.