Do most men think capris are ugly?

My boyfriend can't stand ANY capri pants on women. icon_eek.gif He insists that most men believe they are not flattering to women, and down-right ugly (regardless of the style and the woman's shape and height). No, he's not just trying to tactfully tell me I don't look good in capris, he's never seen me in any. icon_wink.gif

Is it true? Do most men think capris are ugly? icon_confused.gif

Mine hates them,or so he says.

He also says,he hates low riders..on anyone

Bittany,Jessica..whoever the latest babe is icon_rolleyes.gif

So,not sure I can really trust what he says icon_biggrin.gif

<RCI-Rhapsody- 2003

RCI-Rhapsody- 2004

until the return to the Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

netdiver.gif

Hi..I am not able to vote..I am divorced and there is no man in my life.

Is there a reason for the question? I wear "crop" pants. They are about 2-3 inches longer than capris. I am short so they are almost ankle length on me.

Just wondered where the thought process came from for the poll?

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I'm just thinking you forgot the option, "I'm a woman who doesn't care what my man thinks, I wear them because they're comfortable."

Because, I happen to be a woman who wears them, and doesn't care whether my hubby likes them or not. icon_smile.gif

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

Amazing to see this question! I had this very discussion at my workplace last week. I asked the question because personally I DO find cropped pants (not the true "capri" length - which hits just above the the ankle) to be one of the most unattractive and unflattering items in fashion. I have never understood why we wear them, and in fact I think it proves that the fashion moguls can make people wear anything. Anyway - I was curious if others felt the same way, and I thought it was interesting that not a single male thought they were attractive. And especially so on ladies that are NOT stick thin (so that is most of us - myself included!). One guy even said that they made his wife look like a "cow"! Thankfully he did not use that term to her face - but he did get her to stop wearing them. I've tried on a zillion of them, thinking that maybe it's just a matter of finding the right pair - but no luck - they are just plain ugly. I would feel like a complete dork wearing them in public.

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The question is really just to try to prove my boyfriend wrong. Not to change his opinion, but just to show him that some men like them, or at least are not opposed to them. To clarify...for him, any pants that are cut above the ankle fall under the capri category.

Personally, I think there are a lot of cute capris and cropped pants out there, and you can really show off some cute shoes when wearing them! icon_biggrin.gif However, I care what my boyfriend thinks about what I'm wearing (especially if half of the population agrees with him). So, if he really doesn't like them, I'm not going to wear them around him. I can be just as comfortable in something else.

I just thought this topic would be interesting to discuss, since there are so many posts on these boards about wearing capris on a cruise.

Sorry that I left off a couple of voting options. icon_rolleyes.gif

I really enjoy wearing my capri pants as well as my cropped cargos. My husband really likes them, too. He tells me I look fantastic and beautiful.

By the way, we are not in our 20's or 30's. In fact, we are grandparent's. Young grandparents but grandparents. Also, I get compliments on the way I look from my kids, too.

Linda

Thanks for listening

Very good post!!! Thanks for posting this question! icon_cool.gif

My hubby loves me in capris. I'm tall, 5'9", and I have long legs, plus being a runner gives me a bit more definition throughout the leg. He loves anything that I wear, and he loves to shop with and for me! icon_wink.gif I'm very fortunate.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

good morningicon_smile.gif

quote by Scarletine

"I'm just thinking you forgot the option, "I'm a woman who doesn't care what my man thinks, I wear them because they're comfortable."

Thanks....I was going to say the same thing...but decided to hold my answer back.

Thanks for printing my thoughts....especially since I "don't have a man".

I wear what I feel comfortable in..and usually I feel like my clothing looks nice as well.

What about the option: I'm a woman and my man has never expressed an opinion on this?

Yesterday my dh observed that the pants I was wearing didn't fit well. Amazing! I usually think I could dress like a fashion model or a bag lady, and he would notice the difference.

Personally, I'm not crazy about capris, but it's a weather thing. If it's hot, I want to wear shorts. If it's cold, I want to wear long pants. There isn't much left in between that seems right for capris. I do not like the feeling of cold air blowing on my legs when traveling by car in the summer so I wear them then, but they spend more time in the closet than on me.

M/R

I actually did a survey my senior year in school for the school newspaper and I asked 250 guys of all ages and beleive it or not, 94% said they do not like them, they said either wear shorts or wear pants.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL DESTINY~

I guess opinions are like....well, you know.

I asked ny DH, he said he never really notices one way or another. They work for me on those days where it's not hot enough for shorts, but too warm for long pants. Sorry if I have offended anyone with my apparel choices, but I'm not dressing for them, I'm dressing for me.

If I could ban any type of clothing, it would have to be crew neck t-shirts. Now, those I think are unflattering on anyone, male or female. Especially if they have logos or weird art on them. A close second would have to be the new miniskirts that are ruffled or pleated. Don't most females try to hide large hips and butts? Why would they wear something that makes even the tiniest butt look huge?

Kathy

Remember the leggings craze? Well that is how I feel about capris. EVERYONE and their Mother and Grandmother are wearing them, it looks like a uniform. I have plenty of them but I much prefer cropped pants which have a more finished look. And to be really well turned out there is nothing like a pair of perfectly tailored long pants.

Honestly, my husband has never said anything about capris one way or the other. icon_smile.gif The main reason I wear them is because I find a pair of them cooler than long pants, and I hate wearing shorts. But I'll generally only wear them for goofing around in, and won't wear them to work unless I haven't done laundry, and don't have anything else to wear.

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

My husband likes them on me. Of course I am 5'7" and really long legged (33" inseam). I personally can't wear regular length jeans or pants as I look like I am wearing cropped pants! I have to buy long lengths in jeans and slacks. Capris are nice though, as I don't have to worry about whether the length is right for me!

Natalie

Superstar Leo to Alaska 5/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800http://community.webshots.com/user/natalunia

I'm with Janet Marie. I'm 5'6" and I love capris and crops and so does my husband.

The one thing he does NOT like me to wear - baggy, frumpy, sweats! Can't blame him for that one!

Karen icon_wink.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My husband has never expressed an opinion - not sure he knows what cropped pants are even though I wear them all the time!

I wear them because I don't like my thighs. They are cooler than pants and still feel summery but they cover parts of me I would rather not share. And I bless whomever had the idea for them - way back in the 50's! To me, I hope they NEVER go out of style.

Mary

<FONT SIZE="5"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Bill & Mary</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Golden Princess: May 9, 2004</FONT></FONT>

(A 25th Anniversary First Cruise.... Everyone has to start Somewhere!)

Leaving ON:

<FONT SIZE="4"><span style="border:blue double 5px;"><span style="background-color:#000066;"><tt><FONT COLOR="#33CCFF">~ 5/9/04 at 11:00p.m. {No Countdown Clock: You Figure It Out} ~</span></span></FONT></FONT></tt></p>

I'd have to guess that either my DH likes them on me or knows that I like them and thinks that's more important since he's bought me a couple of pairs. I think he's amazed that we can find anything that is not too long on me. Ha ha ha.

The only thing DH ever said he didn't like me in are miniskirts. Remeber the '80s when it was cool to wear mini's with high top sneakers?

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Mary says: My husband has never expressed an opinion - not sure he knows what cropped pants are even though I wear them all the time!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am Mary's husband, Bill.

I voted with the 3% of men who said they like capris. Interesting that the men say they don't like them, but their wives say they do....

Mary is right, i don't know Capris from cropped. But I think capris are fine. They look sporty. The look that I like is capris with a camisole top, and unbuttoned blouse.

Bill

<FONT SIZE="5"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Bill & Mary</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Golden Princess: May 9, 2004</FONT></FONT>

(A 25th Anniversary First Cruise.... Everyone has to start Somewhere!)

Leaving ON:

<FONT SIZE="4"><span style="border:blue double 5px;"><span style="background-color:#000066;"><tt><FONT COLOR="#33CCFF">~ 5/9/04 at 11:00p.m. {No Countdown Clock: You Figure It Out} ~</span></span></FONT></FONT></tt></p>

Just my female opinion, but if you are thin, capris are very attractive, thin and tall even better. I am neither, I am both vertically and horizontally challenged. My definition of capris are the type of pant that fits to your leg, which I think looks very nice. I think the crop pants are just stupid looking. I bought some for our cruise in 2 weeks, and I am both shortening them, and trying to narrow the leg, otherwise they will look just like a pair of high-water pants.

Hi Sandicon_smile.gif that is what makes the world go round.

I think crop pants look wonderful! Just my opinion!

I prefer them on myself more than capri's. But I don't think either one looks stupid.

Archived