Allure/Oasis departure time changed to 4:30 going forward?

Don’t know if this info was discussed in another thread, if so, just ignore it.

We’re on the December sailing of the Allure and on our roll call, a cruiser from Australia said they received an email from RCI stating that the sailing time for Allure has been moved from 5 PM to 4:30 PM for all future Fort Lauderdale sailing starting in mid-November 2014 until 2016. No-one else from the roll call received the same email from Royal (including myself) and just today as I went into my account to complete the check-in cruise info, I now see that our December sailing time has indeed been moved up to 4:30 PM.

As a final test, I also checked Oasis with some other sailing dates in 2015 and they all say 4:30 sailing time.

In theory it should have minimal impact on most cruisers as everyone should have been aboard way before the new all aboard time of 3:30 PM but just a heads up for those brave souls that have a flight into town the day of the cruise, now you have 30 minute less window to get on board. Or it might also impact those Allure cruisers that flies in the day before the cruise and walking over to the inlet to watch the Oasis sail off, you now need to be there earlier.

Guess the benefit would be there is less of a rush to get ready for the early dinner after the sail away party ends.

Don’t know if this info was discussed in another thread, if so, just ignore it.

We’re on the December sailing of the Allure and on our roll call, a cruiser from Australia said they received an email from RCI stating that the sailing time for Allure has been moved from 5 PM to 4:30 PM for all future Fort Lauderdale sailing starting in mid-November 2014 until 2016. No-one else from the roll call received the same email from Royal (including myself) and just today as I went into my account to complete the check-in cruise info, I now see that our December sailing time has indeed been moved up to 4:30 PM.

As a final test, I also checked Oasis with some other sailing dates in 2015 and they all say 4:30 sailing time.

In theory it should have minimal impact on most cruisers as everyone should have been aboard way before the new all aboard time of 3:30 PM but just a heads up for those brave souls that have a flight into town the day of the cruise, now you have 30 minute less window to get on board. Or it might also impact those Allure cruisers that flies in the day before the cruise and walking over to the inlet to watch the Oasis sail off, you now need to be there earlier.

Guess the benefit would be there is less of a rush to get ready for the early dinner after the sail away party ends.

I am on the Dec 7th sailing. I got an email the other day saying the time was changed from 5pm to 4:30pm.

We also received an email about our Nov. 15th Oasis cruise. I spoke with a friend at RCL and she explained it is because there are more ships going out of the port now. Disney is also sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and only so many ships can leave at the same time.

I wonder why the change, but I am assuming fuel costs. Leaving 30 minutes earlier means not burning as much fuel assuming the arrival at the next port remains the same.

Not sure if departure times are based on fuel cost as much as port traffic. Traditionally, Allure and Oasis were alway "first in" "last out" at Port Everglades. I wonder if after years of experience, they have simply determined it's not necessary to be last out. Pure specualation...

Not sure if departure times are based on fuel cost as much as port traffic. Traditionally, Allure and Oasis were alway "first in" "last out" at Port Everglades. I wonder if after years of experience, they have simply determined it's not necessary to be last out. Pure specualation...

Part of my speculation was traffic related as well. Could be, it just has me curious as I'm a webcam addict. Now, I'm watching Freedom sail away from 4:30 from Port Canaveral, then switching over to see Allure or Oasis leave. I might have to start watching downstairs on my dual monitor PC.

Part of my speculation was traffic related as well. Could be, it just has me curious as I'm a webcam addict. Now, I'm watching Freedom sail away from 4:30 from Port Canaveral, then switching over to see Allure or Oasis leave. I might have to start watching downstairs on my dual monitor PC.

Ha, if you weren't already a cruise addict, going to the double monitors would put you over the top!

I wonder why the change, but I am assuming fuel costs. Leaving 30 minutes earlier means not burning as much fuel assuming the arrival at the next port remains the same.

I am guessing it's more of a Port Management of ship movement issue. For example RCL has three ships leaving on April 25th so they are staggered at 4.30, 5.00 & 5,30

Just checked and my Allure January 25 sailing departs at 4:30.

Thanks for posting as I never would have noticed and I receive no e-mails from RCI (despite my begging for years:confused:).

You’re welcome. Just thought I give people a heads up on the change as not everyone “got the memo”.

I learned along ago to check the airline flights regularly as I have had flights that were cancelled due to lack of people in them and then the airline just randomly dump us onto the next closest flight and not even telling us. So now l know to be on the lookout for airline time changes but I typically don’t check cruise ship departure time as I assumed those to be consistent.

Should have minimal impact on most people as they should be on board by 3, other than some that are flying in the morning of the cruise and their flights got delayed/canceled due to bad weather (if during winter time) and then that 30 minutes lost will loom big as they scramble for the port.

For our sailing on December 14, there should be 6 ships that afternoon leaving Port Everglades. Here are their official departing time per each company’s web site:

Eurodam – 4:00

Nieuw Amsterdam – 4:00

Regal Princess – 4:00

Celebrity Silhouette – 4:30

Allure – 4:30

Independence of the Seas – 5:30

So have your dual monitors ready…

Personally I appreciate the earlier departure as that we plan to be at the “secret balcony” at sail away and then watch the end of the DreamWorks sail away party that would have ended at 5:30. It would then be a bit of a rush to get back to cabin to change/get ready for the early seating dinner at 6 PM. Assuming everything gets moved up by 30 minutes, then it’ll be a more relaxed pace.

Nov. 30th sailing... I got a text message of the change, about a week ago, then found the email in my Bulk Mail folder (sort of like Junk mail). Probably put there since it went out to thousands of people rather than a message meant just for me.

Hi Team H- We are on the same cruise and I haven't received an email yet!!! I guess its not a really big deal for me since we only live 30 minutes from the port :) But, it would still be nice to be told of the change!!!