Problem with Dynamic Dining

bh9885

You might want to eat when and what you want. But when your new ship only has 34% love the cruise you have a problem.
Did you mean that the ship had 34% capacity in the complimentary dining rooms?

Agree that a 34% capacity in the complimentary dining rooms is a problem.

Perhaps that concept won't work, but it doesn't describe the DD concept at all. You're thinking of a small MDR menu that never changes each night. DD actually has larger menus (basically the quivalent of 7 days worth of MDR menus). Also, you can order from any menu at any of the free venues. You describe a situation where some bouncer is going to turn you away from a restaurant, just because you've eaten there before. That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

A typical MDR menu has about ten main course selections. Are you suggesting that each of the four free restaurants has 70 main course choices available every night? That cannot be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you mean that the ship had 34% capacity in the complimentary dining rooms?

Agree that a 34% capacity in the complimentary dining rooms is a problem.

I think he was referring to that the Cruise Critic user rating is 34% which accounts for about 3% of the cruising population, and most of those on here are opposed to/or have problems with Dynamic Dining, it's certainly not the best way to judge a ship.

I think he was referring to that the Cruise Critic user rating is 34% which accounts for about 3% of the cruising population, and most of those on here are opposed to/or have problems with Dynamic Dining, it's certainly not the best way to judge a ship.
With RCI postponing DD on OA & AL, I think they are responding to negative feedback that goes beyond CC.

Earlier in this thread, there were calculations of seats in QU's 4 complimentary dining rooms and when added up, they were less than 50% of the ship -- I think they were in the mid-30% range, which is why DD would work better if they had sufficient dining room staff to turn the tables more than 3 times per night.

With RCI postponing DD on OA & AL, I think they are responding to negative feedback that goes beyond CC.

Earlier in this thread, there were calculations of seats in QU's 4 complimentary dining rooms and when added up, they were less than 50% of the ship -- I think they were in the mid-30% range, which is why DD would work better if they had sufficient dining room staff to turn the tables more than 3 times per night.

Outside of Cruise Critic I have seen little negative complaints, infact many praising it.

The 50% was worked out because people were making reservations and not turning up, plus for RCI and Stock holders, that's a good sign as it suggests many are attending speciality dining.

Outside of Cruise Critic I have seen little negative complaints, infact many praising it.

The 50% was worked out because people were making reservations and not turning up, plus for RCI and Stock holders, that's a good sign as it suggests many are attending speciality dining.

I've seen negative comments on other cruise sites. I would also think that the no-shows for reservations may have ended up in the Windjammer too, which does not generate extra revenue for RCI.

By the way, I am a stockholder too and am glad about the stockprice and by folks who spend a lot onboard.

I'm a member of several Facebook Royal Caribbean groups and it is by and large negative with only a handful liking DD.

I'm a member of several Facebook Royal Caribbean groups and it is by and large negative with only a handful liking DD.

But what do they represent? I'm guessing not much new cruisers (which is what DD is aimed at) and probably many experienced cruisers very similar to Cruise Critic. The only true representation of the cruising population is the end of cruise feedback forms.