Carnival stock fell like a rock!

cmptrwiz

Look at the range for this year, between mid 30's to almost 42. Last year the stock was effected by poor performance due to the various bad press effects of the ship problems and the costa Concordia.

This downturn is just the market correcting, not a specific negative against CCL.

This is the way I look at this stock: every year I recieve $1/share in dividend. Based on my purchase price that is a yield of +2.75%. I take no less then two 7 days cruises per year. That's an additional $200 credit to my balance sheet. This means I make about a 7% return on my invested dollars. Great deal for me as an investor, great deal for Carnival, because I'm not sailing RCL.

If the stock ever got over sold below $30/share, I would be buying more shares just because I know in time it will be back in the high 30s to 40.

Are you day trading?

Looks like currently RCL is off $1.72 and CCL is only down 0.41.

Yes I am. I do tend to hold for awhile especially if we are going on a cruise. I try to hold for the dividend as well. We have made a little money and saved some more money.

Maybe.

On the other hand, anyone looking for investment advice on these boards has a seriously wrong number....

:)

very true including someone who posts here who is gleeful that Rccl is down more than ccl.,

Ebola will get worse before it gets better and think the stock will continue to go down. If ebola gets a foothold in the Caribbean might see lots of cruises to nowhere.

very true including someone who posts here who is gleeful that Rccl is down more than ccl.,

:eek: Aaaack!!! Stu, stop stop stop!!

Don't stifle those efforts, as they could potentially turn beneficial to some of us. ;)

There was that gleeful post of his on 3/14/13, followed by one even more gleeful on 3/20/13 with a neener neener to RCCL.

One month later (4/17/13) there was an interesting 'change of events' in the Wall Street hood, and it progressed non-stop from there.

Someone was totally successful in adding enough biting comments to get that thread locked down, but it is copied in its entirety for historical (and amusement) purposes.

So, please, shhhhhhhhhhhhh :) . :)

Ebola will get worse before it gets better and think the stock will continue to go down. If ebola gets a foothold in the Caribbean might see lots of cruises to nowhere.

Gleeful should be reserved for the OP's choice of titles for the thread, and partial reporting.

My reporting was fair and unbiased.

:eek: Aaaack!!! Stu, stop stop stop!!

Don't stifle those efforts, as they could potentially turn beneficial to some of us. ;)

There was that gleeful post of his on 3/14/13, followed by one even more gleeful on 3/20/13 with a neener neener to RCCL.

One month later (4/17/13) there was an interesting 'change of events' in the Wall Street hood, and it progressed non-stop from there.

Someone was totally successful in adding enough biting comments to get that thread locked down, but it is copied in its entirety for historical (and amusement) purposes.

So, please, shhhhhhhhhhhhh :) . :)

Don't forget the post ,also on 3/14/13, about how CCL pays a significantly larger dividend. Even that has changed.