Towels on Royal?

sunsetme

There have been some comments that the towels are awful in the cabins. How are they in the spa? Sometimes we hijack some to take to the cabin. If not, pool towels? Are the towels better in the suites?

Just off the Royal less than 2 weeks ago. Towels were fine, not real fluffy, but not thin either. They are single shower use. Place them on the floor and the steward will replace them. If you need extra towels, just ask. Pool towels were around the same quality. We were in a standard balcony cabin.

I haven't been on the Royal, but I can't see why they would be different from the other Princess ships. I have found that the towels are fine. I also know that the towels in the spa are not different from the ones on the rooms.

I was on the Royal this past February and loved everything about the ship...but the bath towels in the cabin were AWFUL. They were like very old towels and rough like sandpaper.

I always look at the bright side, but they were pretty bad.

In my years hanging around CC, I've seen somebody or other complain about virtually everything on every ship. The towels are fine. Just watch out for the pea under your mattress.

LOL! Aren't the towels on the Royal the same as the towels on all the ships?

LOL! Aren't the towels on the Royal the same as the towels on all the ships?

No. We were on the Royal in July and the towels were thin and scratchy. One month later on the Island the towels were noticeably nicer quality. I just don't understand why they would purchase such cheesy towels for the Royal when the bedding is such nice quality. Doesn't make sense to me.

Also I don't think they ever heard of fabric softener. Very poor quality of towels. I wonder if they put the same kind on the Regal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fabric softener puts a coating on the fabric that reduces its ability to absorb water.

The towels on the Royal were very good quality when it launched, but i suspect they are coming to the end of their natural life and will be replaced soon.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.

Fabric softener puts a coating on the fabric that reduces its ability to absorb water.

The towels on the Royal were very good quality when it launched, but i suspect they are coming to the end of their natural life and will be replaced soon.

It doesn't take very long for the Princess laundry to ruin just about everything. It's definitely not like at home where we use the same towels for years & years. ;)

At home your average towel doesn't get washed pretty much every other day if not daily in a commercial washer and drier, followed by a towel press ;)

The average lifespan of a commercial towel is about 2 years in a hotel, probably a bit less on a cruise ship because they don't have empty cabins of any consequence where some will be out of circulation.

It doesn't take very long for the Princess laundry to ruin just about everything. It's definitely not like at home where we use the same towels for years & years. ;)

In my years hanging around CC, I've seen somebody or other complain about virtually everything on every ship. The towels are fine. Just watch out for the pea under your mattress.

Thank you!:)

This definitely needs a "like" button!

When we cruised on the Royal the wife and I thought the towels were fine. But you may be right about the towels coming to the end of their natural life. Think how many bodies got dried by those towels. On second thought maybe that is a bad visual. :D

Thank you!:)

This definitely needs a "like" button!

Ethel, they really ARE bad. While on the Royal, I had ZERO complaints. The location of the tp holder didn't bother me, the lack of midship stairs was not an issue, and I even enjoyed the new version of the Promenade deck. Basically, it was a wonderful cruise. BUT, the towels in the bathroom were bad. Would it stop me from getting on the ship again? Not at all. But Princess should take another look at the towels...

Ethel, they really ARE bad. While on the Royal, I had ZERO complaints. The location of the tp holder didn't bother me, the lack of midship stairs was not an issue, and I even enjoyed the new version of the Promenade deck. Basically, it was a wonderful cruise. BUT, the towels in the bathroom were bad. Would it stop me from getting on the ship again? Not at all. But Princess should take another look at the towels...

It's a personal thing I guess. I don't like the big thick Turkish towels that weigh more than I do. In fact, a lot of times when I get those kind of towels, I just use the hand towel to dry off with.

Hmm...you could be right. Pretty sad though. With the wonderful new linens on the bed and the new beautiful color palette in the staterooms, the towels stood out like a sore thumb.

Looking forward to my next cruise on the Royal, especially after the enjoyable BV experience we had last weekend! :)

Ok, different towel question. On shore excursions that involve beach/swim time, the excursion description says to bring a towel. Does the ship provide those towels for us to take, or do we need to pack our own beach towel from home?

Ok, different towel question. On shore excursions that involve beach/swim time, the excursion description says to bring a towel. Does the ship provide those towels for us to take, or do we need to pack our own beach towel from home?

The ship will provide towels for the beach. No need to take up a good portion of your suitcase with a beach towel!