Hotel in Miami

xSpec

Sailing on the Splendor in January and I'm looking for hotel suggestions near the port. I know some hotels include free shuttles to the port. I'm open to any suggestions or price points :)

Thank you all!

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for 2 nights before we sail. I like it because I can use points; see the port from a bay-side room and also it's right next to Bayside Marketplace for shopping and dining. We will take a taxi to the port. Good luck!

We stayed at a pretty horrible days inn in January. They had free shuttle to the ship but their location was horrible as was the condition of the property and the honesty of their staff Definitely read the reviews before booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for 2 nights before we sail. I like it because I can use points; see the port from a bay-side room and also it's right next to Bayside Marketplace for shopping and dining. We will take a taxi to the port. Good luck!

This is where we stayed when we cruised out of Miami!

Sailing on the Splendor in January and I'm looking for hotel suggestions near the port. I know some hotels include free shuttles to the port. I'm open to any suggestions or price points :)

Thank you all!

January will be expensive :eek: - you are not the only one heading south to escape the winter. Are you flying into MIA or FLL? :confused:

Only some of the budget places near the MIA airport offer free POM shuttles. Check LaQuinta East, Comfort Suites North and SPringhill Suites Medical Center. None of the downtown Miami hotels (near POM) offer airport or port shuttles - but cabs are cheap! About $25 from MI to downtown and another $11-12 to POM the next morning. Check the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree and Marriott.

Many choose to save $$ and fly into FLL where there are many budget places with airport shuttles. From there you can shuttle to POM for about $15 each (the ride takes about 45 min) with SAS, QLS, Go Airport, etc.

Good Luck! :)

We stayed at a pretty horrible days inn in January. They had free shuttle to the ship but their location was horrible as was the condition of the property and the honesty of their staff Definitely read the reviews before booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Days Inns in South Florida are pretty dismal. Avoid them all.

Thank you all!

J W Marriott Marques

Go for Concierge Bay View or grades above;)

B2 is an option. I'm booked there for my Nov cruise, but can't give a review yet.

I have also booked B2 Miami Downtown but my cruise is not until December. I also can't really review my stay yet.

I will review my reservations part so far.

At the beginning there was a rough part. Way back in March when I booked. (Please note... they had just opened up in November 2013, so I did expect some customer service issues.) I had sent several emails with questions no one replied for over a month and once I booked there was a pricing mistake. I was a bit upset but wrote a stern email with the list of mistakes and errors to whom it may concern.

Same day, that I sent out the email the higher up reservations manager fixed the mistake, then upgraded us to a suite and gave us breakfast coupons for the Tavern in the hotel.

Several months later, last week actually. US Airways changed our flight for the 3rd time and I had to change us to come in a day sooner because of already made plans in Miami. B2 added the new night and still gave me the price I got all the way in March and also kept us in the upgraded room.

Yes, they made some mistakes but so far I'm extremely happy with what they did to make up for them!

Edited by darkprayer

Thank you all!

Hey Fellow Illinois person here!! We found that in Miami near the port we loved staying at the Holiday inn Port of Miami. Across the street as others have said is bayside marketplace where you can get a casual bite to eat, do some shopping and I loved that there was a starbucks too. We paid around $180 for this hotel and we also stayed in January. Everything else in the area was pretty much sold out and my first choice the Intercontinental was sold out. Do be warned you need to check the dates of your cruise. If you are cruising in January and I didn't catch your date there is a Miami marathon in January you will want to make sure your cruise doesn't overlap. That was our problem and why we had hotel issues. But, that being said we ended up LOVING the holiday Inn and would stay there again in a heartbeat!