Celebrity solstice drink prices

MicCanberra, Question for you, does Celebrity not offer the "Pick Your Perk" to cruiser out of Australia? I am from the US and the drink package is one of the offers here.

The offer PYP for short periods and 1-2-3 Go for short periods, while this is my 1st X cruise I've never picked up the equivalent with any line as I can usually get a better deal with some other discount. IE with this cruise I got a better deal by being over 55 that 1-2-3 GO and they can't be combined so on a 7 day cruise, it was Free Grats, $300 OBC, Drink passage of $420 Discount, guess which won.

MicCanberra, Question for you, does Celebrity not offer the "Pick Your Perk" to cruiser out of Australia? I am from the US and the drink package is one of the offers here.

It does but only for selected cruises and selected times. Some sales in the US or elsewhere exclude Aussies from taking advantage of them, they then provide similar sales but not quite as good for us at different times but it isn't always as great a price.

My last 4 cruises with X have all included the beverage package as a perk either with PYP or 123GO. However, you still need to do your homework and research prices with or without the perk as sometimes it is cheaper to just buy a package. I have been fortunate so far with two of those cruises to have been able to take advantage of price drops without losing the perks by upgrading for no or little extra.:D

The offer PYP for short periods and 1-2-3 Go for short periods, while this is my 1st X cruise I've never picked up the equivalent with any line as I can usually get a better deal with some other discount. IE with this cruise I got a better deal by being over 55 that 1-2-3 GO and they can't be combined so on a 7 day cruise, it was Free Grats, $300 OBC, Drink passage of $420 Discount, guess which won.

Oh and if it is relevant to your situation you only need to turn 55 before you sail, when I booked they asked date of birth and said "The over 55 discount is $420" I said "Maybe I should leave booking for a month or so" and they said it is age at sailing date, also not available on all cruises or all categories, but still a good saving. Also herself got the discount too even though she's not 55 for a few years, I think the wording was "Will someone in your party be 55 at the date of sailing."

It's probably worth spending time on line doing different combinations.

Oh and if it is relevant to your situation you only need to turn 55 before you sail, when I booked they asked date of birth and said "The over 55 discount is $420" I said "Maybe I should leave booking for a month or so" and they said it is age at sailing date, also not available on all cruises or all categories, but still a good saving. Also herself got the discount too even though she's not 55 for a few years, I think the wording was "Will someone in your party be 55 at the date of sailing."

It's probably worth spending time on line doing different combinations.

I will cross that bridge when I come to it.:D

Either in the USA or in Australia the PYP or 1-2-3 GO options are normally never combinable with discounted fares. These are typically group, +55, military, police or resident (normally only the first two available for Aussies regardless of where you buy). This year the PYP/1-2-3 has been available most of the time with from the Aussie site and pretty much all of the time booking with a US agent.

As GUT said you need to do your sums. When I initially booked or Solstice 12 day cruise one US agent had a fare of approx. $1400 (+tax) for a balcony with a group rate but only came with $100 OBC. Their normal fare which included the PYP was $1649. $249 pp was a great deal for the drinks package from our point of view at around $20pp per day.

In the end we found a better deal with drinks pkg+ grats+ OBC (all three perks on a weekend special.

They do, and they're generally almost the same, but being offered locally so have slight differences.

For example, right now we have exactly the same as you, but also had the offer available to more local cruises than the US offer, and also had 2 offers available to most local cruises whereas US bookings just had one to the same cruise.

Thanks to all of you for the answers. Will be over in Australia for the Perth to Sydney cruise in February on the Solstice. Looking forward to seeing your country.

I know I could look it up but are going Perth -Sydney via South or North I really want to do cirvcumnavigation but alternative is Top End and then Indian Pacific train the other way.

Gut it is the Top End cruise.

Cool [or actually probably pretty warm;)] I'm pretty certain that'd be our first choice, but believe The Great Australia Bight is spectacular if you are fortunate to be on a cruise that hugs the coast line.

Cool [or actually probably pretty warm;)] I'm pretty certain that'd be our first choice, but believe The Great Australia Bight is spectacular if you are fortunate to be on a cruise that hugs the coast line.

If the timing is right, lots of whales on the south side.:D

Thanks to all of you for the answers. Will be over in Australia for the Perth to Sydney cruise in February on the Solstice. Looking forward to seeing your country.

It should be a good cruise Suddog52 ... I know we're looking forward to it. See you then!

Either in the USA or in Australia the PYP or 1-2-3 GO options are normally never combinable with discounted fares. These are typically group, +55, military, police or resident (normally only the first two available for Aussies regardless of where you buy). This year the PYP/1-2-3 has been available most of the time with from the Aussie site and pretty much all of the time booking with a US agent.

As GUT said you need to do your sums. When I initially booked or Solstice 12 day cruise one US agent had a fare of approx. $1400 (+tax) for a balcony with a group rate but only came with $100 OBC. Their normal fare which included the PYP was $1649. $249 pp was a great deal for the drinks package from our point of view at around $20pp per day.

In the end we found a better deal with drinks pkg+ grats+ OBC (all three perks on a weekend special.

I contacted our TA about the military discount (former RAN) but got told that it wasn't available in Australia.

That's what I said. Only group and +55 usually open to Aussies.

Keep in mind it's not a standard discount. It's just a segment they offer on the occasional cruise to increase sales. Given they sail many more ships and have more customers in the US, there's the volume they found to support it there. Whereas here, they don't run so many promotions that it makes sense to run the extra promotions.

Again, if/as business expands, then you'll likely get more offers like this added.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...