Oasis - Boardwalk balcony or Ocean facing balcony

Even though the Boardwalk balconies are unique and fun, I would personally stick with an ocean view balcony. I've read a few times that the Oasis class ships have so little connection to the sea that is nice to have a balcony facing the ocean. However, boardwalk balconies are usually cheaper.

I have a boardwalk balcony ( 1st time) for a Nov 1 cruise.... I could let you know how it is. My assumption of the advantages and why I booked it:

1. New experience vs Ocean View

2. I am 7 cabins from the end of aft, so we will still have a pretty good ocean view...

3. Can watch the Aqua theater shows from the balcony...

4. Less wind??? Maybe good, maybe bad

It is a good place to watch the aqua theatre shows.

But I still pick Ocean View.

One trip we had both across from each other - and to be honest I think we sat on the boardwalk balcony more - but I would still pick ocean view.

Kathy

I prefer Boardwalk over ocean view! I think I'm in the minority though. I loved having my breakfast out on my boardwalk balcony without any wind. We hung out there all the time - much more than I've ever hung out on an ocean view balcony. There's so much to see sitting out there (zipliners, the action down below on the boardwalk and even the people in the balconies across from you). We loved, loved, loved it! We are sailing on the Freedom on our next cruise and are very excited but bummed we don't have the option for a Boardwalk balcony this time because we would have done that in a heartbeat!

I prefer the Ocean view Balcony over the boardwalk balcony;

I enjoy sleeping with my balcony door open as I love the sound of the Ocean at night.

Also the sunrise and sunset, as well as the privacy of the balcony.

If I were in a boardwalk balcony I would have to keep my curtains closed while getting dressed.

Also a co worker who sailed on Oasis said his 8th deck boardwalk balcony was very noisy.

just MHO..... I'm sure whichever cabin you end up in will be fine.

We enjoyed our boardwalk balcony but if price wasn't an option, I would choose ocean view. Nothing beats that beautiful blue water!

Same here. the first time I really wanted and enjoyed the boardwalk cabin; ours had a great view. Now that I have sailed in a couple boardwalk cabins, if the price is close, I'll select OV.

We always do ocean balcony including last time on Oasis. On our upcoming, we initially chose Central Park balcony. I switched yesterday to Boardwalk balcony, third from the aft. Besides having a view of the Boardwalk, we have clear full view of the Aqua Theater and a nice view of the ocean and the ship's wake.

Cost didn't factor into the decision. I never even looked at the Ocean balconies this time because we found last cruise that there were so many activities we wanted to do that we didn't spend much time on our balcony, and honestly looking at the ocean for hours doesn't do a lot for me. The far aft Boardwalk balconies allow me to see the ocean as well as enjoying the Aqua Theater activities. I was concerned about noise at first, but I've read that it wasn't much of an issue if the door was closed.

I think it all comes down to how you plan to utilize the balcony.

We rather look at people and activities than the ocean, we don't see what is the big deal about staring at the ocean.
I think most people who cruise would disagree.Theres nothing better than relaxing out on your balcony looking out over the open water.

I do like to people watch but that would get old quick for me having a boardwalk balcony..I like the private space.

I have thought of booking one but the cons out way the pros for us and I really think we would be wishing we were on a ocean view balcony.Yes you can see the aqua show but you see it once and now what.Watch it again and again.Then theres obviously noise from the boardwalk.But to each their own.Its what makes us different.

Thank you all! I went with the ocean balcony only because I am surprising my hubby with this cruise for his 40th birthday and he's never cruised before. I also love looking at the ocean and the sound. I had read the ship is so large that you have to find the ocean so I figured I'd go with it =) I am so excited , the ship looks amazing, My last cruise was on the Radiance so I know I am expecting quite a ship in The Oasis. Thank you all for taking the time and thanks for the amazing pic!