The best meal I've eaten on Royal

And your favourite RCL starter and dessert? Looking for 3 course meal suggestions here..... Bob gets away with 4 courses because he's.... well.... Bob.....

I could not decide between the Vidalia Onion Tart and the Scallop Risotto.:p

How wonderful is a cruise? You can have both!

Marci

Sunset Dinner on my Vision of the Seas Balcony 8088 Lobster tail, Prime Rib, baked potato, assorted veggies and champagne. Desserts.

http:// http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l197/justmekaren918/2014%20Vision%20Birthday%20Trip/2014%20Vision%20Slide%20show/388.jpg

ion%20Birthday%20Trip/2014%20Vision%20Slide%20show/20140918_194237.jpg

Yeah, the new "made onboard" red velvet cake is no match for the old one that was shipped in. You can of course buy one of those old ones if you want, but it isn't cheap: https://www.sweetstreet.com/store/buy-cakes-online/red-velvet-cake.html

Mushroom Soup

Filet mignion with peppercorn sauce

The old red velvet cake from chops before they changed the receipt and size

:)

• 3 months later...
Yeah, the new "made onboard" red velvet cake is no match for the old one that was shipped in. You can of course buy one of those old ones if you want, but it isn't cheap: https://www.sweetstreet.com/store/buy-cakes-online/red-velvet-cake.html

I am sorry hear this. That red velvet cake was one of the dessert highlights on our cruise on Allure. I was looking forward to having it again on our upcoming cruise on Oasis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Great thread! :)

I am really surprised no one has mentioned Sabor on Navigator yet... by far and away my very best meal experience on any RCL ship to date. Many others who have been on her as well who've posted equivalent thoughts. Everything on the menu was simply phenominal. I really hope they haven't changed anything.

The Queso Fundido & Jalopeno-Garlic Tiger Shrimp were beyond awesome, let alone the Hand-made Guac table side. The full plate of all the deserts offered were amazing, especially the Churo's dipped in chocoalte, chocolate-banana empanadas and the coffee-crema pudding.

Vidalia Onion Tart

Scallop Risotto

Rosemary Lamb Shank

Key Lime Pie (real, not sugar free)

I had the scallop risotto on either Voyager or Serenade (can't remember which one) and it was the best dish I had all week. In looking at the new menus, I don't see where it's listed as an appetizer any longer. Was it replaced with the scallop au gratin? We will be on Serenade again in April and so hoping it's back on the menu--although I serious doubt it. If it is, I think I'll just ask for two (or three) as a entrée, lol. :(

Great thread! :)

I am really surprised no one has mentioned Sabor on Navigator yet... by far and away my very best meal experience on any RCL ship to date. Many others who have been on her as well who've posted equivalent thoughts. Everything on the menu was simply phenominal. I really hope they haven't changed anything.

The Queso Fundido & Jalopeno-Garlic Tiger Shrimp were beyond awesome, let alone the Hand-made Guac table side. The full plate of all the deserts offered were amazing, especially the Churo's dipped in chocoalte, chocolate-banana empanadas and the coffee-crema pudding.

Agree 100%

Rillettes starter (MDR) also great.

I find a lot of the beef rather tastless now tho' Chops filet is good, as is similar in Giovanni/Portofino.

I wish you could get some spicy food:)

I agree with Linda.....best meal ever on RCCL was Park 150.

Like nothing I ever experienced before, land or sea....closing my eyes as I chewed to savor the taste longer. Murmuring lots of MMMMMMMs! Every course was more than excellent! The dishes were so divinely seasoned I never needed any of the salt.

Will certainly repeat again next Oasis class cruise! BTW, this meal was better than anything we had on Celebrity Reflection and we dined at all the specialties. I do think the quality of MDR food is better on X.

Oops forgot my selections:

The old She Crab Soup way back when 2004 along with Caesar Salad which I always have, love the potato Jalapeno too...oh and Garlic Soup....just can't decide!

Bread assortment to include several sourdoughs

The lamb chops or Duck

and last but not least the old Coconut Crème Brulee circa 2004 also, I used to order 2 of those- fabulous!

Edited by BecciBoo

Favorite meal: Gnocchi with bleu cheese sauce and osso buco from Giovanni's. Wow on both! Loved it so much we went back a second time and I ordered it again!

MDR favorites: Horseradish encrusted salmon, bleu cheese tortellini (no longer on menu:() and chicken marsala.

Desserts: Peach blueberry crumble, sticky bread pudding, & carrot cake.

Sherri:)

They are what I always get at Giovanni's also.

I can never finish my meal there.

The best meal I ever had wasn't on any other menu I have seen. It was Jewel OTS back in April 2012 when she was sailing out of Tampa. There was a Parmesan crusted Turkey breast and Jalapeno Potato Soup. i've never seen it anywhere else.

Funny you should ask - because I keep a food journal of cruise meals. I do love the Jalepeno Potato Soup.

My favorite is from the coconut menu: Tuna rillettes with crostini for starters, and Vegetable Pad Thai (with extra peanut sauce) for entrée. Hazelnut Souffle to finish. I do love dessert soufflés.

I've never had a bad meal - just dishes that were not what I expected.

No more scallop risotto. :( I always looked forward to it.

Me too. It appears that the scallop au gratin replaced it (will know for sure in April, lol); however, looks to me (from the pics and comments) that the scallop au gratin is merely the same as the escargots (which I love too), even serviced in the same dish. why? Saving on prep time maybe? Rather have the risotto back on the menu.

Me too. It appears that the scallop au gratin replaced it (will know for sure in April, lol); however, looks to me (from the pics and comments) that the scallop au gratin is merely the same as the escargots (which I love too), even serviced in the same dish. why? Saving on prep time maybe? Rather have the risotto back on the menu.

Scallop risotto was my favorite too and it wasn't on the menu on our last cruise. Scallop au gratin is scallop instead of escargot, pretty much. Good, but not as good as the scallop risotto. I miss the coconut creme brulee. I miss the doughnuts in the WJ and the seafood paella wasn't there on our last cruise. I always looked forward to that on the day we boarded. Gone on the last cruise too. Love the chicken marsala...so many dishes, so little time. Even with the changes, I've never had a bad meal, just meals and dishes that were better than others.

Meant to add about the red velvet cake. I never tried it and I don't know why because I love red velvet cake. On a cruise two years ago, I called when we got home to thank our TA for having the most delicious red velvet cupcakes in our cabins (along with the OBC). There was a long pause and he said that they don't offer red velvet cupcakes. I told him about them having a little dab of cream cheese filling in the middle and he was dying laughing. He said he ordered the vanilla cupcakes and he's never heard of anyone getting the cupcakes I described. He doesn't know how it happened. He asked how much wine we had consumed. Has anyone else gotten these?