Really sad reviews

Jiffymom

I also like to hear the good and bad but people tend to complain tooooooo much about minor issues, like having to wait 10 min for the waiter or not being able to get a sun chair by the water. Keep the complaints to something realistic, i.e. The waiter was rude or our cabin never was service one day or even that RCCL over billed me for something. Something where its factual not that the dove made out of towels looked like a monkey. lol You get my point.

Some people are very afraid of monkeys and clowns. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I also like to hear the good and bad but people tend to complain tooooooo much about minor issues, like having to wait 10 min for the waiter or not being able to get a sun chair by the water. Keep the complaints to something realistic, i.e. The waiter was rude or our cabin never was service one day or even that RCCL over billed me for something. Something where its factual not that the dove made out of towels looked like a monkey. lol You get my point.

It wouldn't bother me a bit if our cabin wasn't serviced for a day, but I would be annoyed if I have to wait 10 minutes for a waiter.

It's important to recognize that what you consider minor, may not be minor to someone else.

We had a slow waiter on the AOS in March 2014. On the third night the head waiter asked there were any issues and I explained to him the service was quite slow. We were in our seats ready when the dining room opened. The table next to us with a different server was always 10-15 minutes later than us, but due to our slow waiter they would were always served before we were and were finished and out the door while we were still waiting on dessert. (I honestly don't care how fast the service is at the next table, it's just a benchmark for how consistently slow the service was/is at ours.)

The 'fix' was for the waiter to take our order, get the food, and stand there until the head waiter showed up a few minutes later to then serve us. So the service actually got slower.

Did it ruin our cruise? No. But I mentioned it in a review, and you're more than welcome to ignore it.

I've also had servers wait and serve every table the same course. So if we're ready and the next table (same waiter) comes in 5-10 minutes later, we would not get our main course until the late table ordered and ate their appetizers and were ready for their main course as well.

(I'd fully admit that some of my annoyance with the MDR service is brought on by the required gratuities, them making a big deal out about how they provide exceptional service, and the oft received survey speech.)

Edited by ewenix

I have two issues with reviews here. Author posts then there are a dozen thank yous, and each of them quote the post. And then repeat. :banghead:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Worse, they quote a post with 6 giant photos and just say thanks. I blame the software authors, the REPLY button should be as prominent as the QUOTE button. Sometimes if I'm lazy I'll hit the quote button, but I know enough HTML to edit out all the photos, or just the one I want to talk about.

Not very good at posting, but am going to try. I see both points. I like the reviews good and bad, for the purpose of learning about my next trip. I have never had a bad time on a cruise, but I am tolerant of most things. All I ask for is a good effort by employees and I have never been disappointed on rc. Meals, excursions, other guest can always be better, but like most things in life, you get what you put in to it. You cant beat this site for helpful tips on all things cruising, ports, excursions, ect. The complaints do get old but I take it with a grain of salt. My dad used to say, if you gave (name the person) a million dollars they would want it in tens and twenty's. Keep the reviews coming, good and bad. As far as I am concerned being on cruise ship is always better than most of my day to day life.