Really sad reviews

Jiffymom

I get so much info from CC especially when I'm planning . I read the boards daily.

Come on folks come back and give us more reviews. Positive reviews

I am tired of complaints. Really does it matter if you have to wait in line to get to the Buffett?

You are not on a private yacht. And oh stop complaining because your cabin wasn't ready when you walked on. Your cabin attendants are trying .I'm tired of complaints re the coffee, the menu, the fact you had to wait 10 minutes for your server. Maybe many of you should do land tours where you are more one on one. On a cruise ship you are one of thousands and I believe RCCL is trying to give you a special experience

Let's have some positives. What did you do in port. I really enjoy reading about your experiences that will help me make decisions regarding tours. RCCL or private . I love the sea I love beaches and beautiful waters. That is the itinerary I book . I won't book Alaska and expect the Caribbean then come back and complain.

DD I'm one who is interested and giving it a lot of thoughts. Not going to be negative before I even try. Yes it will be different but so give it a chance.

Ok I'm off my soap box now. I'm planning a great fun cruise for my family and I don't want you to spoil it by all the complaints before I even get on board.

I do want to read some great experiences you are having and let's hear about some great shore trips. After all the reason we cruise is to enjoy the islands. Well the idea of sitting on your balcony or on deck over looking the ocean with a good piña colada is another reason we love to cruise

I'm planning a great fun cruise for my family and I don't want you to spoil it by all the complaints before I even get on board...

Understood but I feel if you allow other people, whom you've never met, to have that much say in your life, then you give them too much power and that is never a good thing. ;)

What is the point of reading reviews if everything is great? You can't learn much that way.

If you are describing the attitude of complaint (whininess) by reviewers, rather than simply the fact that reviewers experienced some aspects of their cruise that could have been improved, I agree with you. No one likes a whiner.

But I'll bet that if reviewers had nothing but good things to say about their cruises, you'd soon get bored and stop reading them altogether.

Which might be a good idea for you in any case!

I am not so tolerant of long lines, bad coffee, and slow service. If that is an "award winning" experience, I would like to know before buying the product.

I don't particularly care how many thousand other people have been sold the same product. That is not my concern. What I care about is the experience I might expect.

That said, I am always surprised at how picky some reviewers are. I also often wonder why cruise lines gets blamed for things like bad weather and broken down taxis.

I get so much info from CC especially when I'm planning . I read the boards daily.

I am tired of complaints. Really does it matter if you have to wait in line to get to the Buffett?

You are not on a private yacht. And oh stop complaining because your cabin wasn't ready when you walked on. Your cabin attendants are trying .I'm tired of complaints re the coffee, the menu, the fact you had to wait 10 minutes for your server. Maybe many of you should do land tours where you are more one on one. On a cruise ship you are one of thousands and I believe RCCL is trying to give you a special experience

Let's have some positives. What did you do in port. I really enjoy reading about your experiences that will help me make decisions regarding tours. RCCL or private . I love the sea I love beaches and beautiful waters. That is the itinerary I book . I won't book Alaska and expect the Caribbean then come back and complain.

DD I'm one who is interested and giving it a lot of thoughts. Not going to be negative before I even try. Yes it will be different but so give it a chance.

Ok I'm off my soap box now. I'm planning a great fun cruise for my family and I don't want you to spoil it by all the complaints before I even get on board.

I do want to read some great experiences you are having and let's hear about some great shore trips. After all the reason we cruise is to enjoy the islands. Well the idea of sitting on your balcony or on deck over looking the ocean with a good piña colada is another reason we love to cruise

Amen. Did the Iceland trip on AOS. EVERTHYNG WAS GOOD TO GREAT.

Are you really complaining about people complaining? :confused:

I prefer reviews that point out problems. Almost invariably when someone's expectation is not met something can be learned. Negative reviews provide resource and knowledge to help future cruisers' research.

And to be honest I rarely find any complaint that is completely invalid.

Hi Jiffy, One thing I do is stop reading the reviews in the review section. They are all written by people who do not post here in the forums. I much prefer the photo reviews done by regular contributors. I go on a cruise to have a good time, not complain because my coffee is cold.....:D

Hi Jiffy, One thing I do is stop reading the reviews in the review section. They are all written by people who do not post here in the forums. I much prefer the photo reviews done by regular contributors. I go on a cruise to have a good time, not complain because my coffee is cold.....:D

I agree, but for a different reason.

I prefer a review HERE because there can be a conversation. Questions and answers. Clarification. Amplification. Discussion. Trading of experiences. Suggestions.

:)

To the OP:

This is not cruisecheerleading.com . This forum is called cruisecritic.com.

If you can not live with that, please chose another cruise forum or ignore all reviews here.

(BTW even the positive reviews are never objective but subjective as people are different)

I am booking a RCCL cruise because the positive elements outweigh the few negatives. But -I want to be prepared and also want to know the negatives other people encountered. You can not improve a product by tree-hugging only, you can improve it by crystal clear addressing of deficiencies.

I am positive about my cruising experience. I love Royal Caribbean but I hate the coffee! Hate it, I love coffee and royal Caribbean just don't do it right. Luckily they do many other things right but just not the coffee. I am negative about rci coffee. Did I mention the coffee is crap?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree, but for a different reason.

I prefer a review HERE because there can be a conversation. Questions and answers. Clarification. Amplification. Discussion. Trading of experiences. Suggestions.

:)

LIKE. Two smart cookies in my books. :)

Understood but I feel if you allow other people, whom you've never met, to have that much say in your life, then you give them too much power and that is never a good thing. ;)

And this statement invalidates the whole point of Cruise Critic, well done on posting it.

The OP is looking for positive and helpful reviews to help plan his/her holiday, I don't think the OP is looking for a completed itinerary from a total stranger. She is not interested in the same old rubbish that people come out with about wait time and food temps etc.

Sent from my D6503 using Forums mobile app

Edited by safcftm

I have already packed my French coffee press, I just grind up my own beans and hope to find hot enough water. The coffee everywhere is terrible. I call it dishwater. If you plan ahead then it is one less thing to complain about. Now about the kids that push all the buttons in the elevators... I'm taking the stairs so it doesn't bother me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sort of enjoy reading both what people liked and didn't like. :)

Yep. There are too many people on this site who act like any complaint about their precious favorite line or cruising in general are ridiculous and invalid. I like hearing the negative and deciding for myself if I think it's an issue or not.

We sort of enjoy reading both what people liked and didn't like. :)

Amen. I read most reviews and try to learn from them all. If someone mentions the buffet line, read about alternative times and venues. Who wants reviews all done with rose colored glasses? I like objective reviews and then figure out the reviewers perspective. Sometimes I'll read a review and the only negative things are things I don't care about like the Kids program or wine offerings.

Yes, there are some reviews and reviewers that are nothing but complaining, but overall a review should be just that - a fair and honest evaluation of what was good and what was not. If all you are going to do is talk about what was wonderful, then what is the point of writing a review - you might as well be employed by the cruise line's ad agency and write a commercial.

And as to hearing the same old complaints over and over (coffee or whatever) I say perhaps it is time for the cruise line (who does in fact read these reviews) to recognize those trends and do something about them! I can draw a similarity to a personal situation. Years ago I used to get migraines regularly. They would cause me a lot of pain and several days to recover. Although they were not unsympathetic, my family would get annoyed with hearing about it so often - a normal human reaction. But at the same time, the frequency with which I got them did not lessen my pain at all - in fact it made it harder to deal with. My point is that just because something happens over and over does not make it less real, and in fact makes it something there should be more focus on, not less. People should not shy away from mentioning problems just because they've been mentioned over and over before.