Sea day Buffet Brunch on RC / Adventure of the Seas

Thank you for the replies. Have to say I'm a little disappointed. I think when we were last on RC we had a midnight chocolate buffet. Yes I know there was wastage. Celebrity managed to do a mini version in the disco one evening (in addition to the brunch). It wasn't too late and was very well attended. I read a lot about the cost cutting RC is doing. I would prefer to see a scaled-down version of something rather than a total elimination.

The tutti fruiti salad that RC does in the MDR for lunch on sea days is great - like a prior poster said they are made to order salad at a salad bar, shrimp, chicken, with all the salad fixins you could ask for. Along with the salad bar there is also a table menu that you can choose from - Lunch in the dining room on sea days is awesome. Enjoy. ;)

Remember doing a NYE cruise and there was brunch on New Year's Day. Guess they figured people wouldn't be as ready for breakfast following the previous night's festivities. Believe this was a Voyager class ship.

Other than that, never have seen a brunch set up on Royal ships. Cruised on Disney Magic and Wonder. They both offer a fabulous brunch in their specialty restaurant. Would rather have that brunch than the dinner in that same restaurant!

Have long wondered why Royal doesn't do something like this in one of their specialty restaurants. Seems it would be a money maker. ;)

OP

How long ago was your last Celebrity cruise? I have read on cruise critic that the sea day brunch has been eliminated.

I'm not sure about a sea day brunch? Never heard of one; the MDR is open for breakfast and lunch on sea days. It's very good and as someone mentioned the tutti salad is great! And of course there's always the Windjammer.

On Oasis recently I experienced something at MDR lunch not seen before...... they had hot food for self service as well as the menu choices and tutti salad.... is that just on Oasis? Or have I just not seen the hot tureens with food previously?

Edited by NorbertsNiece

On Oasis recently I experienced something at MDR lunch not seen before...... they had hot food for self service as well as the menu choices and tutti salad.... is that just on Oasis? Or have I just not seen the hot tureens with food previously?

Most of the ships over that we've been on the last 4 years have had the "Tutti" salad bar on sea days, along with a regular luncheon menu and 4-5 buffet style hot plates. it is not advertised and discovered it on this board.

Besides what was described previously, I love the prosciutto, cheeses, shrimp, olives and peppers. MMMMM!

Most of the ships over that we've been on the last 4 years have had the "Tutti" salad bar on sea days, along with a regular luncheon menu and 4-5 buffet style hot plates. it is not advertised and discovered it on this board.

Besides what was described previously, I love the prosciutto, cheeses, shrimp, olives and peppers. MMMMM!

SMH (shakes my head) I really should use my eyes......

OP

How long ago was your last Celebrity cruise? I have read on cruise critic that the sea day brunch has been eliminated.

Really??!! We sailed last summer (2013)...geez, that would be sad.

I sailed on Celebrity in April of this year & we were told the MDR Brunch had been discontinued...