Vista Suite

bocageri

I don't know the Insignia either but all the Vista suites are in the bow. If your cruise has a lot of sea days then expect not to be able to use the balcony when the ship is under way. There is often a lot of wind and people have reported that furniture on those balconies is tied down and the doors to the balconies locked. If I were you I would choose a suite with a side or stern balcony - however lovely the Vista Suite is!

The Vista Suites are located at the front of the ship

Oceania_Insignia_Front_boat.jpg

and their verandas literally overlook the bow

2265634325_66a8326242_z.jpg

There Are 4 Vista Suites on the Insignia, as there are on ALL of Oceania's R Class ships, two on deck 6, 211227.jpg

and two on deck 7. The Vista Suites on Deck 6 have an adjoining door in the bedroom which makes connecting to the adjacent Ocean view cabin an option. The Vista Suites on Deck 7 have no such door.

141919.jpg In each case, two standard veranda cabins are located at the center-line, between the Vista Suites.

Regetta-Vista-Suite-Floor-Plan.jpg

The Suites themselves are in the shape of a quarter Circle, and consist of a small foyer, a living Room and a Bedroom (separated by a curtain, not a door), and a bath and a half, -the "half" being a powder room for guests.

When the Insignia rejoined the Oceania fleet in May of 2014, after a two year charter to Hapag-Lloyd Cruises, the Master Bathrooms of her Owners and Vista Suites added oversize showers in place of their former Jacuzzi soaking tubs, and all of the sink vanities were replaced.

The furnishings in the Owners and Vista Suites on the R class ships are far more traditional than in the equivalent accommodations on Marina and Riviera Regetta-Vista-Suite1.jpg - although the art on the walls may have been updated since this photograph was taken.

Hope that this helped, please enjoy your cruise!

"When the Insignia rejoined the Oceania fleet in May of 2014, after a two year charter to Hapag-Lloyd Cruises, the Master Bathrooms of her Owners and Vista Suites added oversize showers in place of their former Jacuzzi soaking tubs, and all of the sink vanities were replaced."

Does that mean that there is no bathtub at all in the Vista or Owners Suite on Insignia?

"When the Insignia rejoined the Oceania fleet in May of 2014, after a two year charter to Hapag-Lloyd Cruises, the Master Bathrooms of her Owners and Vista Suites added oversize showers in place of their former Jacuzzi soaking tubs, and all of the sink vanities were replaced."

Does that mean that there is no bathtub at all in the Vista or Owners Suite on Insignia?

Yes, it is my understanding that the Tubs were removed and replaced with large walk in Showers, -but to be honest those tubs have been a bone of contention for years.

010702.jpg Difficult to get into, and downright dangerous to get out of, they were the one feature of the R ships that I did not care for from day one.

Yes, it is my understanding that the Tubs were removed and replaced with large walk in Showers, -but to be honest those tubs have been a bone of contention for years.

010702.jpg Difficult to get into, and downright dangerous to get out of, they were the one feature of the R ships that I did not care for from day one.

This is a huge improvement for the O and V suites on the R ships. From the other suite occupiers we have spoken to the conclusion seemed to be the best suites on the ship really needed walk-in-showers.

Thank you Oceania.

For some of the reasons outlined above, we choose OS over VS. However, on a SFO-NYC cruise through the Panama Canal, we chose a deck 7 VS. Did not pick deck 6 because it was directly over main lounge - show time might be noisy time!

I have to say that I always preferred the shower-tub configuration, even when I was limping around on a gimpy leg. The jacuzzi was a blessing for me when I was in that condition. I took a long soak with epsom salts every night and managed to get up and out of the tub without killing myself or anyone else. We WERE on a Med cruise that time, not a TA which could have made a diffference!

Mura