Deck 7 PH Question

DaisyUK

Reading another thread, I was reminded that I had once read that the Deck 7 PH's have larger balconies. I have looked at the interactive plan on Oceania's website and see that this is, indeed, the case. Are the rooms themselves the same size, or are they smaller to compensate for the larger balcony?

Reading another thread, I was reminded that I had once read that the Deck 7 PH's have larger balconies. I have looked at the interactive plan on Oceania's website and see that this is, indeed, the case. Are the rooms themselves the same size, or are they smaller to compensate for the larger balcony?

I have been in 7128 and 7130. 7128 and 7133 are same size as other PHs and 7130 and 7135 are a bit smaller but who cares when this is your balcony.30ae4f6144f8331c533318b9158f75e2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
I have been in 7128 and 7130. 7128 and 7133 are same size as other PHs and 7130 and 7135 are a bit smaller but who cares when this is your balcony.

Hi Cruisingxpert

We just booked 7135 on O for a future cruise. Looks like your balconey picture is 7130. It's an amazing balconey. Did the suite come with the lounge chair we see on the side? Do you get sunlight on the balconey or is there overhang? How windy was the balconey when the ship was moving? Did O tie down the furniture when the ship was moving, and were there any restrictions on using the balconey when the ship was moving?

Thanks so much!!

I have been in 7128 and 7130. 7128 and 7133 are same size as other PHs and 7130 and 7135 are a bit smaller but who cares when this is your balcony.

Hi Cruisingxpert

We just booked 7135 on O for a future cruise. Looks like your balconey picture is 7130. It's an amazing balconey. Did the suite come with the lounge chair we see on the side? Do you get sunlight on the balconey or is there overhang? How windy was the balconey when the ship was moving? Did O tie down the furniture when the ship was moving, and were there any restrictions on using the balconey when the ship was moving?

Thanks so much!!

You are very lucky to get this cabin. Request lounge chair from butler. There is overhang but depending on sun location you will not go without. NO tie downs at all..sit on your balcony whenever you want, your choice. I want this cabin on a future cruise

Momster0102

We are in 7135 in March. There are 2 loungers on the side and ther is usually sun on the side or back most of the day. You don't have to ask for the loungers because it is a penthouse. The extended balcony B3s have to ask.

To Dojo - check frequently around final payment. Those cabins are booked early but I've booked 2-4 months out and gotten one of those 4 PH cabins everytime. I would have done 7130 again but it was gone and a few weeks ago it came back into the inventory.35b6b8a4f162384dd7db04d5baf11cb4.jpg

We have only done Caribbean and that 7130 was a Med cruise Venice to Rome. Never had to tie down anything. I slept on that lounger one night in the Med. Very little movement but we have had pretty good weather. Our first O cruise was in 10031 and I won't do a forward cabin again. Hard to explain but in that cabin we felt a shuddering motion quite a few times. Only time we ever felt something similar to that in the aft cabin was very early morning in Barbados. The ship was coming to a full stop in the ocean to allow a helicopter to airlift a sick passenger.

I bet you will love it. What cruise are you on?

Catherine

We have only done Caribbean and that 7130 was a Med cruise Venice to Rome. Never had to tie down anything. I slept on that lounger one night in the Med. Very little movement but we have had pretty good weather. Our first O cruise was in 10031 and I won't do a forward cabin again. Hard to explain but in that cabin we felt a shuddering motion quite a few times. Only time we ever felt something similar to that in the aft cabin was very early morning in Barbados. The ship was coming to a full stop in the ocean to allow a helicopter to airlift a sick passenger.

I bet you will love it. What cruise are you on?

Catherine

Marina_2011-03-03_02.jpg Not the most flattering angle to view the ship, I admit, but it gives some perspective as to how seawater which is deflected by the bow may strike the ship again at a point about 100 feet back, where she reaches her full, slab sided width.

8054.Marina-625c.JPG I believe that accounts for the shuddering sensation which you felt. We've noticed it very often on the R ships which have similar hull configurations, but it is not necessarily unpleasant.

We've had the pleasure of being in those same suites on a B2B. We had 7128 for the 1st cruise and moved cabins to 7135. We were on an Atlantic Crossing so we had 7128 from Istanbul to Barcelona. When we switched cabins to 7135 we felt the width of the cabin too small for the table and chairs at the end of the bed and the closet space was about half. We had rain and cool weather for much of the 2nd cruise rendering the extended deck unusable. We would have to think twice about the trade off if we were in cooler weather where the deck was not usable. I missed the full closet and drawer space and since we use the table/chairs for breakfast most touring days, we could not pass the end of the bed if the table was in use. We removed the coffee table by the sofa to have the table and chairs in that area.

since we use the table/chairs for breakfast most touring days, we could not pass the end of the bed if the table was in use. We removed the coffee table by the sofa to have the table and chairs in that area.

Did you cabin steward remove the coffee table from the room or did it just get moved somewhere else in the room?