Celebrity Silhouette Blu Dining

Bhoy Whonder

About to take our first Celebrity Cruise on Silhouette having previously only had 1 cruise before on Regent Voyager 7 years ago. ( not exactly big time cruisers!)

Have opted for Aqua stateroom with access to Blu dining. Would be interested in any advice regards Blu and what to look out for. Should we also venture out to other restaurants or buffet as it may be boring for 21 consecutive meals.

We sail on November 30th for 7 days. I am in my late 60's and my wife is over 21!

Bhoy Whonder

The menus will be different every night, with some 'always available' selections. Although Blu is open for breakfast, we always ate late in the buffet. We also never see the need to spend extra for specialty restaurants. EM

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

HAD friends who always sailed in the Agua Class just so that they could have their meals in Blu -- they loved the meals there.

I want to do it at least once. Maybe we can take a Celebrity cruise without our daughter so we can. she is with us next cruise and sharing the stateroom with us. Another Celebrity cruise we would have done Blu but her and her good friend were booked in another room so we ate dinner with them. We switched our Aqua class to concierge since they could not afford the extra stateroom cost.

We were on Splendor in Aqua. BLU makes you forget that there are other places to dine on board. We ate in the MDR twice but found it lacking after BLU. 21 meals in BLU is not enough :) Plus most people dressed better in BLU. (They had loaner jackets for Formal Night) The waiters are the best. They bid for the opportunity to work in BLU and have to meet certain qualifications.

Enjoy Aqua Class.

We enjoyed eating in Blu. Food cooked to order in one of the nearby speciality restaurant. Breakfasts were more relaxed than elsewhere. We did eat in all three of the speciality restaurants which were great. Herbal tea in your cabin not quite to our taste but access to the spa area a bonus.

Also forgot to mention.

BLU is exclusively for Aqua Class Passengers. Mere mortals like suite passengers can only eat there on space available. During our cruise there were several nights where suite passengers came to the door of BLU and rejected. Also some others who wanted to eat in a specialty restaurant came to the door and were rejected.

I love the Blu parfait at breakfast, it's divine and I had it nearly every morning of a 19 night cruise. The food in General was so much better than the MDR, plus the service and the fact that it felt like a specialty restaurant. If you see braised beef short ribs on the menu, go for it, it was amazing :)

Just so you know, Blu is only open for breakfast and dinner, not lunch. Your lunch option is the buffet and grill, aqua spa café, or Bistro on 5 for a $7.00 cover charge. The MDR is also open for lunch on sea days and they might offer lunch in one of the specialty restaurants for a fee ($25 pp on our last cruise) on a sea day.

The breakfast menu is the same every day. The dinner menu changes nightly.

Mary Lou

Just so you know, Blu is only open for breakfast and dinner, not lunch. Your lunch option is the buffet and grill, aqua spa café, or Bistro on 5 for a $7.00 cover charge. The MDR is also open for lunch on sea days and they might offer lunch in one of the specialty restaurants for a fee ($25 pp on our last cruise) on a sea day.

The breakfast menu is the same every day. The dinner menu changes nightly.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou I enjoy going to Bistro on Five for lunch on boarding day. It is more peaceful and for that reason alone it worth that bit of money. We usually eat there at least once more too. My last cruise on Celebrity has been almost 2 years though; then it was $5. Oh well, it is still a good price/value.