Leaving on the CB in TWO days!!!!!!!!

CPMichael

We are getting very excited. We are leaving tomorrow to board the CB on Saturday. Tommorrow night we are staying at the Courtyard Marriott Airport and Cruise Port. I have stayed here before and highly recommend it -- a very nice hotel with free shuttle service from the airport and to the port.

We can't wait to board the beautiful CB! Any last min things we need to know????

Michael

Michael,

Would you mind telling me a little about the Courtyard Marriott Airport/Cruiseport? DH and I will stay there prior to our cruise next January (going back on CB!). Is there a restaurant that serves breakfast? Are there shops nearby? Amenities on the property? TIA

Last year we stayed at Marriott North Fort Lauderdale, which was far from everything. There was also no shuttle service.

I hope you have a wonderful time aboard the magnificent Caribbean Princess.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

We were on the CB July 30th cruise and still think about it everyday!! I remember how excited we were. Can't wait to go again!! It was fabulous!! We stayed at the Marriott Marina - very nice!! Left the Hotel for the port at 10:50 and got there just in time before the big crowd came so go early to the port. Schedule any specialty dining as soon as you get to your room except Sabatini's has to be reserved in person. We enjoyed Sterlings and Sabatini's. Booked Sterlings on the second night as we were too exhausted the first night from stressed-excitement!!

Hope your weather and the beautiful seas are as good to you as they were to us....

Enjoy every moment and every morsel of food!!

I don't know if you've seen the roll call for your sailing, but you are going to be on the ship with a bunch of wild and crazy CCers. :) I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time. We have have to wait a whole year before our next Caribbean Princess cruise. (:

I wanted to let you know, in case you aren’t aware, that there is a Princess program where you can book an open booking onboard with a deposit of only $100.00 and you can apply the open booking credit to any future cruise that you want to book within the next four years, so that instead of having to make a $250 deposit, you can apply the $100.00. When you do book the actual cruise, you get $25 shipboard credit for inside cabins and $50 for outside cabins. If you have another person in the cabin, they also get to book for only the $100.00 deposit and they get the shipboard credit. These are called Future Cruise Credits and you talk to the onboard Future Cruise Consultant to book it. You can book as many open bookings as you want. If you decide later you don't want to book an actual cruise with one or more of the bookings, you get a full refund of the $100.00. Plus, ask the cruise consultant and you can get a Share the Wealth coupon which will give another couple who sails with you on the actual cruise you book the same deal, including shipboard credit. I think it is the best deal for onboard bookings than any of the cruise lines, because you don't have to book an actual cruise and everything is fully refundable if you don't want to keep it.

I'll know you'll be busy having fun on the cruise, but you might want to make time to see the Future Cruise Consultant and take advantage of this program.

Maybe I’ll see you on my next Caribbean Princess cruise. :) Have a great cruise!!!

Michael,

Would you mind telling me a little about the Courtyard Marriott Airport/Cruiseport? DH and I will stay there prior to our cruise next January (going back on CB!). Is there a restaurant that serves breakfast? Are there shops nearby? Amenities on the property? TIA

Last year we stayed at Marriott North Fort Lauderdale, which was far from everything. There was also no shuttle service.

I hope you have a wonderful time aboard the magnificent Caribbean Princess.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Yes there is a restaurant for breakfast, sometimes it is included with your stay. I believe there is a strip mall within walking distance, I will be sure to look for you tomorrow. They do have a nice pool and a huge bar/lounge area.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED SO FAR FOR THE WELL WISHES!!!!! and great INFO!!!

Michael

LOL!!! I will be feeling the same way in 3 weeks!!! I can't believe it! Have a great time!!!! If you remember - please let us know the movies that are playing on MUTS at night!!!! Have a great time!!!!! :)

for the week of August 6th the movies were:

Fever Pitch

Hitch

Teen Movie

Meet the Fockers

Bill

Archived