Celebrity (Equinox) vs. Princess (Island/ Coral/ Royal)

goldesq

I have traveled on several cruise lines, including RCI, Carnival, NCL and Princess with Princess being my favorite and definitely most often.

I am considering a December cruise on Princess to the Panama Canal (which I have done and liked a lot) on the Island or Coral. However, I am also considering a Caribbean cruise and see one available on Celebrity Equinox. Bother cruises are 10 days. Princess has a similar Caribbean cruise on their new Royal Princess for 10 days in December as well to similar Caribbean islands for 10 days.

If price were not in the mix, which would you guys choose......Royal Princess going to the Caribbean, Celebrity Equinox going to the Caribbean or Island/Coral heading to Panama Canal with parts of the Caribbean.

I am leaning slightly towards the Canal trip but Ive done it once before (but loved it so would not mind at all to do it again). Furthermore, on the Royal and Equinox, they go to some islands I have never been like Barbados, Curacao, Grenada and St Lucia. Are any of those islands an absolutely MUST?

What are the pros/cons of Princess Royal/Island/Coral vs Celebrity Equinox? Is the Celebrity product significantly better or quite the same as Princess?

I have traveled on several cruise lines, including RCI, Carnival, NCL and Princess with Princess being my favorite and definitely most often.

I am considering a December cruise on Princess to the Panama Canal (which I have done and liked a lot) on the Island or Coral. However, I am also considering a Caribbean cruise and see one available on Celebrity Equinox. Bother cruises are 10 days. Princess has a similar Caribbean cruise on their new Royal Princess for 10 days in December as well to similar Caribbean islands for 10 days.

If price were not in the mix, which would you guys choose......Royal Princess going to the Caribbean, Celebrity Equinox going to the Caribbean or Island/Coral heading to Panama Canal with parts of the Caribbean.

I am leaning slightly towards the Canal trip but Ive done it once before (but loved it so would not mind at all to do it again). Furthermore, on the Royal and Equinox, they go to some islands I have never been like Barbados, Curacao, Grenada and St Lucia. Are any of those islands an absolutely MUST?

What are the pros/cons of Princess Royal/Island/Coral vs Celebrity Equinox? Is the Celebrity product significantly better or quite the same as Princess?

Have only done one Princess cruise on the Crown in it's first year. It was very nice but our 20 th cruise was on Equinox which was my favorite ship of all time.

Good luck in whatever you select.

I would vote for the Canal. If fact, we were booked on a b2b canal cruise in March, but had to cancel due to health problems. If the problems are gone, we will probably do in next year.

Are you picking Canal bc of the ship or itinerary or both?

Have only done one Princess cruise on the Crown in it's first year. It was very nice but our 20 th cruise was on Equinox which was my favorite ship of all time.

Good luck in whatever you select.

what did you love about the Equinox? I dont think its fair to compare the Princess product or Crown of 20 years ago to Island/ Coral and the new ship Royal but I appreciate the input. I think all cruise lines have a much better product even over the last 10 years in my own cruising experience.

what did you love about the Equinox? I dont think its fair to compare the Princess product or Crown of 20 years ago to Island/ Coral and the new ship Royal but I appreciate the input. I think all cruise lines have a much better product even over the last 10 years in my own cruising experience.

I wasn't trying to compare an older ship to a newer ship. I was merely stating I have only sailed Princess once and named the ship.

I primarily sail RCI and Celebrity.

I thought the Equinox was the classiest ship I ever sailed. I love the art work, Lawn Club and had outstanding service onboard.

By the way, the Crown isn't 20 years old. I believe it's about 9 years old. Perhaps someone else can provide the details. I sailed her in her maiden year.

All I did was voice my opinion on a ship I do know about.

Again, I wish you good luck in whatever you select.

Edited by celebrity

Crown is only one year older than Equinox, and both are relatively new, as ships go. WE have sailed two Solstice class ships, and like them much better than I thought I would. We usually prefer smaller ships. We also sailed Coral last year to Alaska, and liked her very well. If I were to choose between Island and Coral, I would choose Coral, because she has the redesigned Horizon court buffet, and International Cafe, which won;t be added to Island until her drydock next year. As to Royal Princess, we prefer smaller ships, and there are a lot of complaints on the Princess board about her layout and small balconies. EM

I have been on the Island through the canal and the Equinox and if I were to do one again it would be the Equinox. We loved the ship. We have also been on the Royal last winter and I did enjoy many things about the ship but small balcony issue was the deal breaker for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on my experience on both lines, I recommend the Equinox. I think the Solstice Class ships are superior to the Princess ships I was on (Ruby and Caribbean). They feel much more modern, have interactive 32" TVs, larger and more spacious dining rooms, prettier lounges and more comfortable, modern looking staterooms with large balconies. Of course, I have not been on Royal, so I'm only comparing to the 2 Princess ships I was on.