Oasis and Dynamic Dining - first sailing?

mrsfecura

Free to sit down, but you have to pay for the food.;)

Yes, not quite the deal that the person in my roll call thread made it out to be. And the RCCL website doesn't do anything to clarify that you're not getting food for the price of your reservation. Even the menu you can download does not show prices.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

I'm on the March 14th sailing, I believe that is the date when Dynamic Dining is scheduled to begin on the Oasis. We received an email indicating that we can make our DD reservations starting January 1st. Although I hope everything goes smoothly, I don't mind being a guinea pig! :eek:

We were aboard Oasis two weeks ago and they were having real problems with "my time dining" then. Our group of six were given a standing 6:30pm reservation in the Grand dining room, every time we'd show up they had no place to sit us. We were comped three specialty restaurants through the week because of this. We finally were told by Thursday night that they had a run of early diners so we moved our time to 7:30pm on the last night and we were fine. I hope they can get a handle on this concept, because if everything is "my time" for everyone and it was that bad when it was limited on our cruise they will have issues.

Georgeny- What I meant is I love DD because now we don't have to go to the specialty restaurants every night, I now can choose which restaurant we want to eat in and have more variety of places to dine without the extra fees (not that I mind but like I said on the Allure Izumi, Samba Grill and Chops we rather not go to any longer they aren't as good as they used to be).

Yes, I do understand the concept of DD, instead of one MDR we now have 4/5 restaurant choices, we can choose the time we like to dine and yes, we know we will have a set menu which is great. On the Oasis I believe we will dine at the American Icon Grill once, Silk twice, Sabor once, not sure whether Wonderland be on this ship if it is we dine there once then Giovanni's twice and have some lunches at Vintages which was wonderful.

The three specialty dining venues we ate at were wonderful. Izumi tepan was great fun and incredible food. Chops was great service, top notch steaks and appetizers I've never seen before were awesome. Then Solarium Grille was very healthy food and desserts, the service was slow because they had no bussing help, our server had to bus the tables, keep water glasses full for too many tables. Can't fault the food though.

I think Dynamic Dining is going to be a good thing on the Oasis and Quantum class ships. I would rather not do traditional dining when half the table is empty most nights. I like the specialty restaurants and end up in the MDR maybe 4 nights. I think the food in the MDR is mediocre (OK but not great). So for a few bucks more I like the better quality and service at the pay restaurants. I am a medium foodie - fresh is best, hot dishes should be hot, lettuce should be crispy and chilled. Not a dessert person so nothing to say on that issue.

The new ships have many dining choices ...