Arriving in FLL on overnight flight

igraf

What does one do in Fort Lauderdale after arriving at 6am or so on an overnight flight from the west coast on the day of the cruise? When can one drop of their luggage at the port?

Just wondering because I see so many overnight flights from California. Not saying that this is what we will do. Seems like a hard way to start a cruise if we have to drag our luggage around for several hours.

igraf

We have done this often for our cruises...Have done the redeye's and the connect thru ATL (we fly DL) arriving anywhere between 6:30 - 9:30am...really not as difficult as some seem to think. Often we are the first in line (as early as 8:30am and have had no trouble handing over our luggage to the porter's...amazing how quickly those terminal lines grow) at Port Everglades or Port of Miami..but it's always worked out for us and usually onboard by 11:00am.

Many say they would never do this same day arrival...but each of us has our own decisions to make regarding this...so do whatever works out for you personally.

I would reserve either a day room or a room for the night before (and let the hotel know that you will not check in until 7:00 or so); then request a late check-out. Grab some breakfast, a nap, a shower and maybe a dip in the pool. Then check out about 1:00-2:00 and cab/shuttle to PE. :cool:

Thanks all for the information. This is what I expected.

I am a big fan of arriving late at the port!

igraf

I would reserve either a day room or a room for the night before (and let the hotel know that you will not check in until 7:00 or so); then request a late check-out. Grab some breakfast, a nap, a shower and maybe a dip in the pool. Then check out about 1:00-2:00 and cab/shuttle to PE. :cool: