Question About RCI Soda Package on Explorer

Borrillje

Hi!

My husband and I are experienced Carnival cruisers who are branching out onto RCI in January. I read a review recently that mentioned that the unlimited soda packages on RCI were limited to one or two specific machines on each boat.

On Carnival we use our "Bottomless Bubbles" cards everywhere - every bar, MDR, by the pool, etc. Is this the case w/ RCI as well? Not sure we'll buy them if we have to get up and hike to a certain location to use them each time.

Thanks!

The 'machines' are the Coca-Cola "Freestyle" self-serv dispensers that you've probably encountered at various fast food joints; in RCCL's case, the cups have an RFID chip embedded in the base which is read by & activates the machine when you place the cup under the spout.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbq4wa4Tiz94JICmpRC2Pj25EhT6oUZ0viFEENQpNVQ1qH6FpG_7t3Eg

The 'machines' are the Coca-Cola "Freestyle" self-serv dispensers that you've probably encountered at various fast food joints; in RCCL's case, the cups have an RFID chip embedded in the base which is read by & activates the machine when you place the cup under the spout.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbq4wa4Tiz94JICmpRC2Pj25EhT6oUZ0viFEENQpNVQ1qH6FpG_7t3Eg

NICE do they have these kinds of machines on Oasis Of The Seas ship as well?

Hi!

My husband and I are experienced Carnival cruisers who are branching out onto RCI in January. I read a review recently that mentioned that the unlimited soda packages on RCI were limited to one or two specific machines on each boat.

On Carnival we use our "Bottomless Bubbles" cards everywhere - every bar, MDR, by the pool, etc. Is this the case w/ RCI as well? Not sure we'll buy them if we have to get up and hike to a certain location to use them each time.

Thanks!

Explorer has the self-serve Coke Freestyle machines. You have around 100 different choices of flavors with the Freestyle machines. I believe there are 4 or 5 machines around the ship.

You can also use your soda package in any bar or restaurant. However, you will only have about a half-dozen choices of soda flavors in a bar or restaurant.

• 1 month later...
Hi!

Thanks!

It's a funny question that you should ask, and a good question to ask. The cups they give you are for the freestyle machines that are self serve. You do not need to ever use the cup, and you can go to any place that serves soda, which is every bar on the ship, and in every food location.

I have seen people carry these cups everywhere, and have known, and even told a few people, that they do not need the cup to use it. On your seapass card, you will have a logo printed on it, or if you buy it on the ship, a sticker.

Either way, it's $6.50 a day for adults, and $4.50 a day for kids. It is unlimited.