Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Has anyone gotten their temperature in their rooms lower than 71 degrees or unlocked? Another site that people are posting on has stated that the thermostats says "locked" and won't go lower than 71 degrees. I hope they unlocked the thermostats!

Ours did briefly yesterday but got down to 66 degrees & as soon as we touched the controls, it locked at 71.6 again. Been sleeping (on & off) with the balcony door open and listening to a balcony separator banging all night.

Otherwise, loving this cruise (as all others)! 😊

Thanks. Is that what you found when you went? Which restaurant did you have to wait for? Let me know as my DH cannot physically wait so we will change to restaurants that have no wait.

Thanks, it is always good to have first hand information.

Perhaps it would be best to make special arrangements in advance for your hubby to assure that he has no wait time. If you are told by Cruise Critics that such and such a restaurant had no wait time then you show up and have to wait ten minutes what would happen? Communicate with the Accessibility dept. or a high ranking officer in food and beverage.

Enjoy your cruise planning!

Hi

I'm sailing her in April and can't wait!!!! 👍 please can someone kindly answer a few questions for me?....

1. Do the menus change every day for Dynamic Dining? Reason I ask is because I have opted for the Grande restaurant for several nights.

2. Is there a Starbucks onboard? (I'm guessing not as I haven't seen any mention of it...it's just that I loved this on Oasis class!.

3. Is there a champagne bar?

4. Do you reserve your time on the North Star? (Apologies if I have missed info on this on this thread)

5. Is the solarium adults only?

6. Is anyone in a Family Junior Suite? Do you have any pics? If not, please can you describe it?

Thanks in advance! and thanks for all the reports so far! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Menus stay the same but there have been some variations from what is posted on the internet. Could possibly be just for this sailing, though.

Yes, there is a Starbucks located in La Patisserie

There is a Vintages where they serve champagne & wine and also have wine kiosks where you can try a taste, half glass or full glass of your choice.

I believe you would normally reserve for NorthStar but for this sailing, you just stand in line for it.

Didn't notice if the Solarium is adults only.

Were in a superior balcony so don't know.

Hope this helps! 😊

Thanks. Is that what you found when you went? Which restaurant did you have to wait for? Let me know as my DH cannot physically wait so we will change to restaurants that have no wait.

Thanks, it is always good to have first hand information.

I am not really sure anyone can answer your question as it really depends on the day and the other passengers. If the restaurant you want has a lot of people taking longer than expected there will be wait. If others are not interested in that particular restaurant that particular day there may not be any wait.

As another poster suggested I would reach out to the accessibility department and see what arrangements can be made for you individually instead of taking the experience of one or two people that may or may not match what you will find.

I've really been enjoying following this thread :) I've got my eye on Anthem for our next cruise, just waiting for the appropriate schedules to come out.

I have a question following the recent complaints about the Oasis transatlantic. Since this is being touted as an all-weather ship, and you all have been largely cooped up inside thus far, have you felt any crowding or monotony in the day? (I recognize the newness will probably influence that answer)

The other thing to remember is that this sailing is not at full capacity. I think I read somewhere there are about 3,400 passengers while the ship can hold over 4,000. That will influence the feeling of crowding as well.

I'm so glad the weather is better now. You can enjoy your cruise out on deck. Good thing Quantum is an "all weather" ship.

As suggested by another poster, I can see why Oasis and Allure would not be good hips for Atlantic crossings. There are so many outdoor spaces on those ships.

Edited by Susie51

I keep trying to find live reports but no luck. Just where do I go to see it?

The posts by jv_nyc are the live reports, but there's much discussion too, so it might be a bit confusing to find the live posts.

I keep trying to find live reports but no luck. Just where do I go to see it?

On page 1 is the list of "official" live reporters however there are a few others that are on board that are posting to the thread. The internet is slow and spotty not to mention that they are enjoying their cruise. Look for these names:

Quantum Live Reporters

jv_nyc (Joanna)

Clansman37 (Dan)

Dancinman66 (Greg)

David4 (David)

Emmad1973 (Emma)

HandE (Elayne)

Jasoncruising1976 (Jason)

queenL (Lateefah)

Rollover (Karen)

SkyKingBNA (Tracy)

TravelinGert (Gertie)

Edited by JMG

I have seen no mention of a champagne bar, is their one onboard ? If not do they have a selection of champagnes by the glass at the regular bars ?

This is on the previous page to this...

There is a Vintages where they serve champagne & wine and also have wine kiosks where you can try a taste, half glass or full glass of your choice.

Basically, Champagne Bar and Vintages have become one bar

There is a video posted today by CC member hallasm, of the medical evacuation from Quatum at the Azores: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2123537. The passenger was transported by the local pilot boat. I hope that this passenger will be okay. :(

Oh that's terrible, I wish them well and speedy recovery.

The other thing to remember is that this sailing is not at full capacity. I think I read somewhere there are about 3,400 passengers while the ship can hold over 4,000. That will influence the feeling of crowding as well.

I think you will find the difference is even greater than that. Maximum occupancy is 5,000 all bar the shouting so in essence a bit over half full. I have my doubts how everything will function and be made available once the volume is turned up. There will be a lot of cruises at absolute maximum capacity.

Henry

Thanks for posting the beautiful photographs of Wonderland and for confirming that the BOGOHO offer works there the first night. I made a reservation there for the first night of our cruise hoping it would - I think my daughter will be totally WOWed.

Question for the Quantum Launchers:

Are they "enforcing" the formal dress code at Grande? How dressy is it? Men - jackets without tie? Have to have a tie? Women - dressy slack outfit okay?

Edited by JMG

Question for the Quantum Launchers:

Are they "enforcing" the formal dress code at Grande? How dressy is it? Men - jackets without tie? Have to have a tie? Women - dressy slack outfit okay?

According to the web site men must wear long pants, a shirt, and a jacket (no tie needed). Saw a video (think it was the long one made by the German reporter) where he asked the Grande employees about dress code and he was told that people would be encouraged to dress accordingly (eg with a jacket) but they would NOT be turned away... (now if someone was wearing cutoff shorts and a tank top, not sure what would happen...)

We have tons of photos from the cabin crawl, but not enough internet bandwidth to post them. We are not on the newer, faster system, so our connection is pretty slow and spotty. We know everyone is anxious to see them, and we are just as anxious to share but at the moment that capability is beyond us. Yesterday it took me 8 minutes and 3 refreshes just to get one pic uploaded to Shutterfly. We love you all and I don't want offend anyone, but I don't plan to spend my time onboard babysitting the ipad while it tries to upload pictures at these slow speeds. :)

Your posts have been fantastic. I think everybody expected that the super fast internet would be working. Given that it's not, I don't think anybody can be offended that your are not spending your whole day uploading pics.

Enjoy your cruise/crossing. You can always upload pics when you get home.

Thanks for your posts!

Hi everyone - Internet has been spotty for me all day. I'll post more tomorrow and add more photos to the Shutterfly site. Last night was dinner at Jamie's, breakfast was at Coastal Kitchen and dinner tonight is at Chops.

Menus stay the same but there have been some variations from what is posted on the internet. Could possibly be just for this sailing, though.

Yes, there is a Starbucks located in La Patisserie

I believe you would normally reserve for NorthStar but for this sailing, you just stand in line for it.

Didn't notice if the Solarium is adults only.

Were in a superior balcony so don't know.

Hope this helps! 😊

Big help! Thanks a million!! 👍 Do you know if the Starbucks is a full service one like on Allure/Oasis?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you will find the difference is even greater than that. Maximum occupancy is 5,000 all bar the shouting so in essence a bit over half full. I have my doubts how everything will function and be made available once the volume is turned up. There will be a lot of cruises at absolute maximum capacity.

Henry

4180 is about how full it will be on average though based on double occupancy, I doubt the average sailing would top 4500

http://m.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/fact-sheet/27/quantum-of-the-seas/

Hi everyone - Internet has been spotty for me all day. I'll post more tomorrow and add more photos to the Shutterfly site. Last night was dinner at Jamie's, breakfast was at Coastal Kitchen and dinner tonight is at Chops.

Joanna, have they said if the detour to the Azores will affect the schedule at all?