Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

I stopped reading on page 27 and ow there are double that many pages to catch up on...yikes! I know that the ship will be in NYC on the 10th...right? What time of day is it expected to show up? I cannot imagine they would slink in under the dark of the night, would they?

Would be interested in finding out how all the dining possibilities are working out??

Thanks for all of the informative posts.

Nancy

And particularly how the 4 complimentary venues are comparing to the MDR..

Also, how are the staff (not just the dining staff, but all around the ship) in comparison to the other ships in the fleet? Usual RCI staff attitudes?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I would appreciate it is someone forced themselves to go to Chic and taste the Carrot Cake Trifle. Tell me if it's as delicious as it sounds.:D

I forced myself and it's wonderful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The free restaurants have been easier to rebook and we easily made a 6pm reservation at American Icon and Chic just 2 days in advance.

Has anyone tried just walking up to a free restaurant without a dinner reservation? If they did, where they able to get seated and how long was the wait? On Oasis there are monitors that tell you how busy the various restaurants are. Is there something like that on Quantum?

Hope all on board are enjoying their cruise. Thanks for being so free with your time and answering our plethora of questions! :)

Edited by eel

No retractable line in shower, soap blocks, shampoo and shower gel packs supplied in the bathroom.

It looks like they cheaped out on putting women's leg shaving bars in all the showers, too. One of the photos I saw had one...and I assumed (incorrectly, of course) that they would have one in each shower. :rolleyes: Thanks for the photos.

Edited by Coralc

Is it the same menu for both?

Hi I'm live onboard Quantum as we speak. We have eaten in Jamie's. It was great! The menu is essentially the same for lunch and dinner. The server told me that there were only 2 extra pasta dishes available for dinner that aren't for lunch.

I don't think I've seen this question asked yet.

When I went on the Allure inaugrual we got little fold up maps of the decks. Is there anything like this on the Quantum?

Thanks! 11 Days.

Live onboard the INCREDIBLE Quantum. I haven't seen any fold up maps for the ship yet.

I'm curious to know if the Virtual Balconies are now working. Thanks!

We originally had a virtual balcony booked and were upgraded to an actual balcony. :) On the cabin crawl I did get to see a virtual balcony.....very cool. So, I would say that they are definitely working.

Has anyone tried just walking up to a free restaurant without a dinner reservation? If they did, where they able to get seated and how long was the wait? On Oasis there are monitors that tell you how busy the various restaurants are. Is there something like that on Quantum?

Hope all on board are enjoying their cruise. Thanks for being so free with your time and answering our plethora of questions! :)

Yes, we pre-booked for only 4 nights. So there have been several nights we have just walked up and gotten a table. Maybe 5-10 minute wait at best. We are a party of 4 that typically eat about 6:30pm. It might be a longer wait once you reach the 7-8 oclock hour.

I'm supposed to be reporting on the Kid's facilities. I have my 2 daughters with me ages 2 and 7. Royal Babies and Tots has been a disappointment. They are not functioning yet. They have 3 events scheduled each day but the room isn't completed and you must stay with the tots/infants. No sitters available this sailing from what I was told. The toy check out isn't available yet, they didn't get arrive in Southhampton as scheduled. There is an awesome play area that is open for all ages. It is unsupervised play space, so parents must stay. Brilliant idea! Basically consists of a climbing structure, sliding board, toys and mats. Both of my girls have really enjoyed playing here. It is open all the time.

My 7 year old is in the Explorers group. They have combined ages 6-11 for this sailing. She is really having fun. Several times she didn't want to leave when I came to pick her up. Even though there aren't a lot of kids they are still keeping them busy. The Science lab isn't open yet and the room that is for the 9-11 is being used for media and electronics equipment. The staff has been wonderful despite all the hiccups. I do have copies of the kids activities schedule I will scan them when I return.

They said that for the next sailing all of this will be ready but I'm not certain I believe that. At any rate, tons of stuff for the kids to do. I'll try to report again tomorrow!

Thanks for everyone's reports. I know it takes time away from your vacation to do this, but I was eagerly awaiting this.

I hate asking this, as it likely was already asked and I missed it. I understand that the kids menu isn't ready yet. Prior to sailing, I know people were concerned about there being a secondary menu of staple items at each complimentary restaurant. Is there something like that? Or, just the menus from the website?

Thank you.

Most of the restaurants don't have kid's meals. They are basically just a few options off of the adults menu. Jamie's Italian is the awesome exception. They not only have a kids meal, but pictures of the selections in a viewfinder that they give the kids when they come in. Under 3 free. They charged me $8 for my 7yr old.

I'd like to know about the accessibility of 270 for those in a wheelchair or scooter. From the pictures that I've seen it looks like there are many staircases in the lower level but I did not see any ramps. Also, does the upper level connect to the lower level by ramp?

270 has it's own tiny little elevator in the back corner. I spoke to a lady in a wheelchair who got stuck in it. :(